PDA

View Full Version : Any Members in USCC?

garyb
09-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Just received membership details for United States Conceal Carry Association from a friend. They offer $300,000 in defense fees, a number of books, DVD's, magazines, etc... They offer various levels of membership, but seem very expensive so I decided NOT to join :behindsofa:.

Anyone in this forum a member of the USCC and what are your thoughts about them :confused:?
Thanks.

Russ
09-07-2011, 11:23 AM
What is the benefit to join considering the States regulate conceal carry ?

Russ

Phooey
09-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Anyone in this forum a member of the USCC and what are your thoughts about them :confused:?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I have been a member for several years and previously found their information helpful but not "cutting edge" if you will. The Defense Sheild insurance that you speak of is an additional cost and not a part of the regular membership. Is it worth it? Regular membership fees - maybe, Defense Shield - maybe but there are other options to consider such as:
Pre-paid Legal Services Inc and Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network if you are looking for just legal or insurance info.
I have had to scale way back on my expenses recently so I probably wouldn't do it(membership) again as well as I am not renewing my NRA member ship. I get all the advice I will ever need or want on this forum:D and even some I don't want (with all due respect ladies and gentlemen):rolleyes:.
Just my opinion and hope it may give you something to think about before jumping in.:)

Bill K
09-07-2011, 01:18 PM
I've been a member for a number of years but have not invested in the Shield insurance. I really do like the magazine. I find the forum just OK. I opted out of most of their email stuff which was, IMHO, mostly marketing to get me to open my wallet for more stuff. I would like an offer that just got me the magazine.

tasdisr
09-07-2011, 01:27 PM
I have been a member of USCCA for about two years. I like the magazine, but usually just flip through it unless something catches my eye. The new Self Defense shield looks interesting, but I am not sure if it is worth it or not.
The USCCA forums are ok, but I think you can get just as good if not better info on many of the freely available sites such as Kahr talk for example.

My membership is up next year and I probably will not renew.