PDA

View Full Version : P380 Carry Ready

Raindog
09-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I ordered my P380 several months ago because I couldn't find one in the black with night sights. Upon it's arrival I immediately went to the range with various ammunition and found that it would only cycle reliably with buffalo bore +p. FMJ would jam on the feed ramp or would not return to battery completely. 220 rounds down range and there were still a few malfunctions every couple magazines.

Ok I thought, just use the BB and so I did for the past couple months during range outings. It functioned perfectly.

Last weekend I traveled to my uncles house to use his outdoor range and brought along all of the cheap FMJ and various defensive loads that the little bastard would not cycle before.

I ran 200 rounds of that stuff without a hiccup, amazing. I tried my best to force a failure, light grasp, canted, rapid fire and nothing. It just ate everything up and was accurate.

It's a permanent fixture now but I'll still be using the BB's for daily carry.:)

JFootin
09-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Cool! You live a charmed life!

jocko
09-09-2011, 05:40 AM
very nice report rain dog, what I think happened is that your P380 finally got itself smoothed out and will now accept anything. Sometimes it just works out that way, sometimes we tend to have zero patience with these guns and if they screw up in the first 25 rounds BACK IT GOES. Somelike you seeme dot be alot more patient with the gun. I do think and have said and I own one to tha tthe P380 is kahrs major problem child. It might be getting better, we certainly know there is a real hold up in retrurns of P380's so something is going on with that gun that just might get these little guns in the dependability section of all the other kahrs. Not to blame the shooter either but maybe if some of us would have just held on to our P380 alittle longer and gave it some patience drill like you did maybe we would be reporting the sam results. anyway nice report.. When I can find some damn 380 good fmj ammo fairly priced I am going to buy 100 orunds and take my P380 out and shoot it like I stole it and if it goes 100 rounds without failure, then I willb e here praising my P380. Right now it has been very reliable but my normal rang etime is 50 rounds and under and I have not shot my P380 in many months either.