PDA

View Full Version : K9 - Serial #

OhioKahr
09-10-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm in the market for a K9 and found one with serial # AR78xx, can anyone point me to an age of this firearm? It only has one mag, but has the box and manual and can be had under $500, sounds promising, what would you think?

ripley16
09-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the forum. That serial number indicates a 2003-2004 time period. That isn't too bad a price, provided the gun is in good condition. IMHO, you should factor in buying a new recoil spring. The gun should have two mags with it as well. I'd point that out to the seller, then offer a lower amount, Say $450, and see what happens.

Let us know how things turn out.

OhioKahr
09-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the input. The gun looks like it hasn't been shot much at all. In fact, the top of the barrel isn't yet smooth where it would run against the slide. My suspicion is that it spent it's life in the box. It's dusty, but not dirty, no holster wear.

jocko
09-10-2011, 03:58 PM
if u can put your hands on it,k then how about a pre-buy test fireing.???? If it is flawless, then buy it, if noy, then offer lower price and come here and we will show you how to mnake it run correctly. A super gun, Ihave zero doubts that it will be perfect for u.

I bought my K9 used and I think if my mind is right on target, that I paid $575 for it. It has never acted up one time...

OhioKahr
09-10-2011, 07:59 PM
jocko - what kind of things would you suggest doing to make it "run correctly"? I'm new to Kahrs (have a TP9). THanks.

tv_racin_fan
10-02-2011, 06:05 PM
That would depend on what it is doing I suppose.

I ran across a K9 in a swap n sell section of a different forum... swapped a S&W 357 mag revolver for it and gave some boot. Figure that was about $600 maybe $650 but this K9 had some work done on it. Slicked up trigger, some melting, target crown and the like. My wife touched it and decided that was the Kahr she was going to carry so I started looking for another K9. I found a second one for $350 and jumped all over it.

Think I would try to get it as close to $400 as I could but get it even at $500. Then I might get picky on the second one.