PDA

View Full Version : No Shooting for a couple of weeks

hollander
09-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I will be missing the range for the next two to four weeks. This past Tuesday I had my left knee replaced. This one followed the right one in early April. The first one went exceptionally well in spite of the dr having to do some extensive work to get things right and little discomfort. This one supposedly went well but there is more discomfort - go figure. I was much stronger for this one since I have been in the fitness center since mid May and the legs were much stronger. I am 69 and have found that the more I work out the better I feel and the more active - golf, shooting, yardwork, home maintenace - I can be. Hopefully 8-10 weeks from now the whole business will be done with. Getting ready for the right knee began in Feb and went through until April. Then it has be rehab for the right and getting the left one ready. Now it will be more rehab and general physical fitness. Should be completely back to normal by early December.

Bawanna
09-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Well we'll be thinking of ya and in between workouts you'll have plenty of time to stay in the kahrtalk loop.

I think fondling firearms really helps in the recovery process also.

jocko
09-10-2011, 06:29 PM
HOLLANDER, the workmanship that Bawanna can do on grips I bet he cando youyr knee stuff with ease. I think they only pain you will have from his work IS HAVING TO LISTEN TO HIM WHILE HE IS WORKING!!!

georgepittenger
09-10-2011, 07:21 PM
It's a b**** getting older .............. but what choice is there ? :confused:

I'm 59 and holding up pretty well ............ so far

A friend of mine could.t hardly walk out to get his newpaper .

He had both knees done last yr and is like a spring chicken .

It's not only what they can do nowadays , but they can do it with relatively short rehab and pretty long lasting results .

Good luck and wishing for a fast recovery ...........

George

Bawanna
09-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Well we'll be thinking of ya and in between workouts you'll have plenty of time to stay in the kahrtalk loop.

I think fondling firearms really helps in the recovery process also.

I think he'd definitely benefit from heavy anastesia, I use to be able to spell that.. Won't want to watch while I apply the khukri and the checkering tools. Probably much less dust though.

OldLincoln
09-10-2011, 07:47 PM
I was in the hospital in 1984 and my roommate was in his 50's and there because he fell while rock climbing and knocked his artificial knee loose. You would have thought he was a Hells Angel by all his buddies that came in with their scraggly outfits and gruff voices.

Oh yeah, they all got a great laugh because I was there because my little kitty bit my finger..... wait for it..... and planted staff infection that almost cost me my left hand. I had a drip of super antibiotics running for 3 days.

My kitty bit me vs. falling while rock climbing. It was a tough 3 days!

JFootin
09-10-2011, 08:27 PM
I was in the hospital in 1984 and my roommate was in his 50's and there because he fell while rock climbing and knocked his artificial knee loose. You would have thought he was a Hells Angel by all his buddies that came in with their scraggly outfits and gruff voices.

Oh yeah, they all got a great laugh because I was there because my little kitty bit my finger..... wait for it..... and planted staff infection that almost cost me my left hand. I had a drip of super antibiotics running for 3 days.

My kitty bit me vs. falling while rock climbing. It was a tough 3 days!

I had super antibiotics running for 1 1/2 days and it killed all the good bacteria in my colon and let the bad bacteria go wild! So, I had explosive diarrhea for a few days and mild for a couple of weeks. Took months to get back to normal. :eek:

You know, there is a reason why doctors are always "practicing" medicine. They just aren't that good at a lot of stuff they try. Kind of educated guess work. :75:

Another thing to consider. What do they call the person who graduated at the very bottom of their graduating class from medical school?
DOCTOR! :madgrin::lie::crazy::nerd: