PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder and Slide mods to Kahr

SC Tiger
09-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Has anyone here had the Cylinder and Slide package (any of the three) done to their Kahr? It looks like they do some good stuff but at over $1000 I can't see it being worth it.

kamo
09-05-2009, 02:33 PM
I got mine back from C&S this week and I'm pleased with it. I had a Package 2 done so the pistol essentially looks the same. Package 2 provides all of the reliability improvements without the foo-foo. Package 3 is more expensive and the work is appearance work.

I haven't shot it yet but they sent a target where they shot in after replacing the sights. Right on POA. Action is very smooth and the trigger is also very smooth at 5-6 lbs. This pistol had been fired about 210 times for breakin and is very reliable with only 1 or 2 malfunctions in the first 5 shots when the slide did not go fully back into battery. Just a tap on the back of the slide took care of that and no problems since.

This work cost me about $650 including return shipping so it isn't cheap. I can't tell if its worth it considering the PM9 is a pretty good gun out of the box. But I'm satisfied with the work and am glad I had it done.

C&S has a pretty good backlog so you may want to talk to them about schedule if you decide to do it. They are first class people are nice to deal with. Good luck.

kamo