PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Base Pad for Mag???

Cyterio
09-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Hoping you guys might be able to help. I'm not even sure if a product like this exists, but what I'm looking for is a rubber base or pad that slips over the bottom of the mag. This is purely for cosmetic purposes for me in hopes that I can eliminate that small gap between the magazine and the bottom of the grip. I figured if someone made a rubber or polymer base-plate that could slip on over the existing metal base-plate then it might fill that gap. I saw Kahr has a polymer base-plate but I'm assuming that just replaces the base-plate on the plastic mags and wont actually slip over the existing metal magazine base-plate??? Along with that the only other thing I saw was the Pierce Grip Extension, which really isn't what I'm looking for. Unless it slides over the base-plate and I can just trim it down. Like I said, this is purely cosmetic for me, and I love the clean lines of the MK9, but the mag sticking slightly out like that drives my OCD crazy!!!

Bill K
09-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I keep meaning to but haven't done it yet. Go to an automotive store and search for a rubber "O" ring that will fit the mag and close the gap. Proving the mod doesn't adversely affect feeding would of course have to be tested.

G3709
09-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi Cyterio,
The polymer base plate of K9 and P9 magazine has higher sidewall that should cover the exposed SS part of the MK9 magazine. The Pearce grip extension sidewall is lower so when I install it on my K9 magazine, the small SS part is exposed, not much but the polymer K9 base plate does cover it. The steel base plate of the MK9 magazine is removable so you can replace it with the K9 polymer base plate.

Cyterio
09-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi Cyterio,
The polymer base plate of K9 and P9 magazine has higher sidewall that should cover the exposed SS part of the MK9 magazine. The Pearce grip extension sidewall is lower so when I install it on my K9 magazine, the small SS part is exposed, not much but the polymer K9 base plate does cover it. The steel base plate of the MK9 magazine is removable so you can replace it with the K9 polymer base plate.

Awesome! Thanks! I was just reading through an older thread where someone was looking for the same thing. A member by the name "Ol'Coot" made a prototype from an A&G Mag Spacer for a PM9 I believe, and it was very well done. I don't think he is making them though due to time and cost restraints. In the meantime, that K9 base plate looks like its the best route. Thanks again!!!

G3709
09-13-2011, 07:17 PM
If Kahr would ship MK9 magazines with K9 polymer base plate, I believe that the now exposed SS part problem would be solved