PDA

View Full Version : Range Shooter

rjmcw9
01-02-2010, 05:39 PM
What is the opinion of CW 9 as a long term range shooter. Is it strictly a CCW weapon or can we plink with it too.

ripley16
01-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Whereas the lightweight, slim CW and P Kahrs are enjoyable to shoot, IMHO they don't quite rise to the level of an all day range gun. When I think of a range gun the image of a nice HK USP, a Sig 228, a Beretta 92 and other larger, heavier, full grip pistols comes to mind. I'd place the T9 in that catagory as it is a real joy and very easy on recoil.

jfrey
01-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Pesonally, I wouldn't consider the CW9 a serious range gun. It was designed as a CCW pistol and it functions wonderfully well as that. My Briley Versatility Target model 1911 is a range gun and not intended for CCW. There are totally different characteristics between the two guns. My CW9 is a good defense gun but definately not a tack driver. I can keep all my rounds in a small center of mass area but I haven't been able to put 5 shots touching in the center of a 2" dot at 15 yds. If I do my part, the Briley will do it all day long.
Just different guns and different intended uses.

GOOFA
01-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Keep it as a CCW.

jocko
01-04-2010, 01:59 AM
if u are referring to a gun to shoot 2" groups at 20 yards. I don't consider any kahr to be that. they can do it but it is a hard gun to shoot that accurate due to the loooong trigger pull If your referring to longevity of the gun being able to take thousands of rounds down range, indeed they are built to take as many rounds as you can give it. they are top quality. they are IMO not a gun to carry often and to shoot seldom. I shoot my G19 far more accurate than my 3 kahrs, but I love to shoot my PM9 far more than my G19 as my PM9 is my 24/7 carry peace and I strive every time I go out to get better with it. but when I want to shoot good groups (for me anyway), I grab my G19 for that. It is also a fun gun to shoot as it has had some serious tuning done to it.

The cw kahrs IMO, you won't shoot them out. they have the finest top quality lothar walther barrels that money can buy, Just look at the upper slide. It is damn near a glock slide, just top quality. Justin moon was an admirer of Gaston Glock and the slide similarities tells alot. The lower grip section is the simplest on the market, just not much down there to go wrong IMO.

Shoot away, these guns can take it, no doubt in my mind...

I think Jfrey and Ripley explained it even better than I did and in less words also..

rjmcw9
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I was not trying to imply that it was a target pistol, I have others for that purpose. I was more worried about longevity and ruggedness. It is a fun gun to shoot and would like practice with it heavily. Thanks for your input guys.

RJM

sharpetop
01-05-2010, 07:39 AM
I shoot my CW9 quite a bit more at the range than I do my other guns, and I have a few. If you do shoot it alot just be sure to keep a spare recoil spring or two and possibly a spare striker spring and magazine springs. I think Wolff Gun Springs has a kit with all the above in it. Wolff Gunsprings - Firearm Springs for Semi-Auto Pistols, Revolvers, Rifles, & Shotguns (http://www.gunsprings.com)