PDA

View Full Version : Just heard GunTalk on radio with Kahr rep

mikeg26
09-18-2011, 01:46 PM
This guy said that they had one PM9 with OVER 6000 rounds through it!

Recommended changing recoil spring every 1000 rounds if using +P.

Normally every 1500 rounds or so.

Let me know your experience of the expected lifetimes of Kahr polymer nines.

Great forum!!!

CJB
09-18-2011, 01:51 PM
I think Jocko's got that beat by a factor of about 5.2 or so....

OldLincoln
09-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Maybe he meant to write 60,000 rounds. I don't think 6,000 rounds is much to write home about.

jocko
09-18-2011, 04:43 PM
This guy said that they had one PM9 with OVER 6000 rounds through it!

Recommended changing recoil spring every 1000 rounds if using +P.

Normally every 1500 rounds or so.

Let me know your experience of the expected lifetimes of Kahr polymer nines.

Great forum!!!

is probably talking about only 6000 rounds and seems proud of it. That is alot of rounds for most people. My question: How many People shoot a 1000 rounds of +P ammo for range fodder. I just don't think that happens. He would be right IMO to change springs at the two change rates he suggested. My range has been down for repairs most of this summer so my range time has not been good, but I would say for ME anyhow of my 32K plus rounds, I would say at BEST and I mean at BEST I mght have shoot 1000 rounds of +P total. expensive to say the least and certainly IMO once ufind a good defense round that works, paper punching is no longer needed. I tend to want to unload my defense magazine with the defense roundsw that are in it at leat once a month, JUST BECUASE but I have not done that much this year either because of the range issue.

You are not gonna shoot out a kahr, NO KAHR, just ain't gonna be done, my PM9 is a good example and if and when a part goes bad, I will replace the part and continue on. I think that is why they makes a parts list. I like most gun onwers, bought "replacement " parts (mostly springs) for jmy kahrs and basically they are still in the packaging, expecially the hard parts. I did not need a spare striker (I got one though) or trigger bar (which I woul dnot attempt to now even install) or spare slide backplate (wow was that ever a stupid part for me to buy) Oh yes a damn cocking cam. Probably a 100 bucks of parts that will never be needed BUT I GOT THEM FOKKERS:target:

Stupid is as stupid does (Forrest Gump).

Ressom
09-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I just passed 1K rounds in my CM9, but only about 150 +P rounds. I guess I should start thinking about changing the recoil spring. These Wolff springs should work right? (I've read there are some old vs new PM9 styles.)

52818 KAHR PM9, PM40 STD RECOIL SPRING SET 18LB (http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=1&mID=29)
52820 KAHR PM9, PM40 XP RECOIL SPRING SET 20.5LB (http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=1&mID=29)

jocko
09-18-2011, 05:05 PM
all recoils springs for the cm9 will hav eto come from kahr, wolffs as of now doesn't make the outter srping replacement. Kahr will rip u off for the entire assembly which IMO is a rip off, as allu need is the outter recoil spring. U might call kahr and cry to Jay aobut just selling you the outter spiring only..

Persoally if your gun is running great, leave it alone, get a replacment set and have it ready to go.