PDA

View Full Version : New Ankle Rig

Bawanna
09-20-2011, 11:50 AM
As most probably know I put a CT Laser on my PM45 which put me out of business with my Galco Ankle holster as it didn't accomodate the laser. I had a cheap generic nylon sack type holster that I've been using but didn't like nearly as well.

Well yesterday when I got home I found my G&G Ankle rig from the Kahrshop on my front porch. Its similar to the Galco and a solid piece of equipment. It fits the gun very well with the laser and feels fine on the ankle. The band is that neoprene skin diver suit type material, that stretches and allows you to easily adjust for your comfort level.

I wore it all evening and I'm wearing it today and its working really good.

I apologize that I don't have any pictures to share right now but I wanted to let everyone know that this is a great setup and if your considering ankle carry it would be an excellent option. They have models that work without the laser of course and I assume they would work just as good as this one.

Being not really a laser kind of guy, I find myself liking it alot. Great training aid and really doesn't bulk up the gun or uglify it which is most important to me. Life is too short to carry an ugly gun.

MikeyKahr
11-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Are you still liking the G&G ankle rig for your PM45 with CT? I'm on the market for an ankle holster for my PM9 with CT. Holler back!

Bawanna
11-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Are you still liking the G&G ankle rig for your PM45 with CT? I'm on the market for an ankle holster for my PM9 with CT. Holler back!

I hollered over on Sierra's bed thread. Did that sound right?

I've worn it every day since it arrived. I'm in my recliner with my medicinal Scotch and it's on my ankle as we speak.

Great setup and with the slightly lighter weight of the 9 it should be even better and less noticeable yet.

I don't know if Santa shops at the Kahrshop but I have to assume so. If that fails I can do like work this time of year. All the cop wives contact me to find out what to get their hubbies for Christmas. The guys know this so they give me list. Want me to send my niece in law a message?

sierrajb
11-20-2011, 10:45 PM
"Sierra's bed thread?" Hmmm, kinda catchy....

On that same thread, I mentioned wearing my Remora ankle holster today. Not my favorite carry, but I'd like to look at a more comfortable ankle holster that offers some padding for my boney ankles. I'll check out the one you're using, Bawanna (from Kahrshop) and may put that on my Christmas list, too.