PDA

View Full Version : New Member/New Kahr Owner

mikesmith
09-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Found this forum through another local forum so I thought I'd post and say hi.

Recently purchase a CW9 to be my carry gun.

Haven't taken it out yet though. Waiting for my extra mags to come in and then it's out to the range! Hoping to get out there this Sat.

:33:

wyntrout
09-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the forum. While you're waiting, watch the video for your new pistol... links under Kahr-Tech at the top of the page, or just go to Kahr.com and find your pistol. There are several links on the page for your pistol and the Take Down Video is very informative. It emphasizes the common problem areas like the slide lock recoil spring.

Wynn:)

TheTman
09-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the forum Mike, hope you really like your CW9. I love my CW40 and 45.

OldLincoln
09-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Welcome Mike. Please follow the "Proper Prep" thread and Lube chart before your initial outing. Kahrs have a lot of friction with the break in and need to run pretty wet. A very important spot to grease well is #6 on the lube chart. Also be sure to have a shiny clean ramp and chamber entrance. Once it is broken in and running flawlessly you can go to a more normal lube,

These are terrific guns just need some housebreaking when puppies.

Bawanna
09-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Welcome Mike, don't let these guys scare you none. Most of the issues referred to as common problems are things that new owners unknowingly mess up by not reading the manual. Not a gun issue, an operator issue.

The proper prep and video's and suggestions shared here are just insurance to increase your odds of what will undoubtedly be a perfect first range visit anyhow.

Knowledge is power, (never worked for me but that's what I hear).

Glad you found us, keep us in the loop as you bond with your new gun.

Bill K
09-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi Mike, welcome to KahrTalk. Hope your CW9 turns out to be everything you want it to be and more.

sierrajb
09-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the Kahr Krazies Korner, Mike! We learn alot from one another's successes and failures. The "pros" here are serious about getting the most accurate and helpful info to rookies (like me), so please follow their advice mentioned above. Glad to see you here!

Husky44
09-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi Mike! As another new owner, I second the recommendations on the VIDEO. I messed up my spring while doing the prep, because I hadn't watched the video first. Don't assume that you don't need it just because you're familiar with handguns.

Other than the little spring issue, my break-in was flawless. You're going to be happy with your new gun.

mikesmith
09-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

Can someone either post a link to the video or point me in the right direction as to where to find it??

Thanks!

I found it! :biggrin1: