PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Kahr Customer Service

Tinman507
09-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Kind of a follow up to an earlier post of mine regarding the brightness of a front night sight on my CM9.
I had ordered one from Kahr in July, installed with no trouble, but I was less than overwhelmed with the brightness.
I wrote to CS and explained the problem. Nate responded that he was sending me a replacement along with a prepaid mailing label. He said he'd like the old one back so they could return it to Trijicon.

Within 3 days the replacement arrived. Wow, a whole lot brighter! So I proceeded to remove the old one. Heated the area with a soldering iron, removed the screw and gently tapped the posts out with a small punch.
This is where the story takes an ugly turn....

The sight dropped out, bounced off my workbench, hit the floor and promptly disappeared into thin air. Gone, vanished, poof. :31:

I have stripped out my basement searching for this damned thing to no avail. Now I am beginning to think I've bought 2 of these things.

I wrote to Nate and explained it to him. I get an immediate reply to not worry about returning it, but if I do discover where it went, he'd still like it back.

Long story to make a small but important point....

It's the little things like that in Customer Service that make the difference.
We expect the biggies but it's the tiny, almost insignificant things that keep you coming back.

Thank you to Nate and the rest of the Customer Service Team. You guys Rock!

OldLincoln
09-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Oh, you'll find it someday when not looking for it. Life get's it's rocks off playing these little tricks. It gets a lot of yucks off me.

Tinman507
09-29-2011, 10:58 AM
It's no doubt frolicking with odd socks and a few errant keys. Or it'll turn up in the underwear drawer.
Pope Benedict called to mention he was pissed about it as well.

getsome
09-29-2011, 04:13 PM
I had the recoil spring from my 1911 fly off while field striping it at a small table in our bedroom once...I looked for that thing everywhere, I mean it became an obsession because I knew it was there somewhere and didn't just vanish into thin air but after tearing that room apart I still couldn't find it...

Several years later we were moving to a new house and when the mover picked up the box spring off the bed frame guess what rolled out....Yep...:der:

I agree it's the little things that companies do that make you feel like a customer and not just another number...I'm glad Kahr came through for you and yes you will find that sight someday, probably in the last place you look...:cool:

stumprat
09-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Kind of a follow up to an earlier post of mine regarding the brightness of a front night sight on my CM9.
I had ordered one from Kahr in July, installed with no trouble, but I was less than overwhelmed with the brightness.
I wrote to CS and explained the problem. Nate responded that he was sending me a replacement along with a prepaid mailing label. He said he'd like the old one back so they could return it to Trijicon.

Within 3 days the replacement arrived. Wow, a whole lot brighter! So I proceeded to remove the old one. Heated the area with a soldering iron, removed the screw and gently tapped the posts out with a small punch.
This is where the story takes an ugly turn....

The sight dropped out, bounced off my workbench, hit the floor and promptly disappeared into thin air. Gone, vanished, poof. :31:

I have stripped out my basement searching for this damned thing to no avail. Now I am beginning to think I've bought 2 of these things.

I wrote to Nate and explained it to him. I get an immediate reply to not worry about returning it, but if I do discover where it went, he'd still like it back.

Long story to make a small but important point....

It's the little things like that in Customer Service that make the difference.
We expect the biggies but it's the tiny, almost insignificant things that keep you coming back.

Thank you to Nate and the rest of the Customer Service Team. You guys Rock!

Great post! Refreshing to hear the good experiences.

Popeye
09-30-2011, 05:13 AM
Reminds me of the time I was changing the grips on my Harley. While trying to get the throttle cable back on a dropped one of the little brass barrels that hold the cable in place. I looked for that thing for well over an hour. Finally I figured I better just consider it a goner,so I drove the 7 miles to the Harley dealer and the 7 miles back with lots of grumbling coming from me all the way. Got the bike back together with no farther problems. Later that night when I took off my boots there it was stuck in the shoe laces of my boot.... #$%#$%^&.

Sometimes lifes just got to mess with ya a little bit.:o

Glad it all worked out for you,and Kahr worked with you on it.

Bawanna
09-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Anybody remember when pickup trucks had wing windows, actually most cars had them too.
I had an old Ford and every couple of years the little lever that held the wing window would work loose. Have to take the screw off and theres a tiny little spring in there, tighten a couple turns and put it back together and your good for a couple years.
Well sure enough I dropped the little screw, course I'm working in the gravel driveway so it's like dropping a tick tack on the surface of the moon. But I thought I know right where I was and where it should have hit. I grid searched, I did it all without success.
Well rocket scientist that I am, I figured I was gonna do the other side too so I start on it and the light bulb (very dim but on) pops up. I take the same little spring over to the drivers side, hold it exactly where I had it when I dropped it and let er go. Now your thinking stupid dumb mutha not you lost em both.

It landed right on top of the missing one, they were touching each other. I put down a tarp, and reassembled both sides without issue.

Now if I could find all the pins and springs launched to oblivion in my man cave. That would be a coup.

Tinman507
09-30-2011, 09:29 AM
I stand in awe at the warped yet exquisite logic in your solution. I woulda never thought to do that.

JFootin
09-30-2011, 10:07 AM
That's amazing! Bawanna's weird science!

wyntrout
09-30-2011, 10:15 AM
That's a good technique... I use it a lot. I also will lay something on the ground or floor, if I have another of that item, to see what it looks like against that background. That can really help, too.

Those magnets on a "stick" can come in handy, too.

Just heard from Blade-Tech about belt care. Let me go check that.

No help:"The best option would be for you to contact Looper Leather directly, I am unsure of the best way to care for the leather but the leather manufacturer will know the best option."

I asked both companies.

Wynn:)