PDA

View Full Version : New to CM9 and need a good IWB holster!

Kahrnonymous
10-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Newish Kahr owner checking in! Picked up a CM9 a little under a month ago and need a holster! After a lot of searching I have it narrowed down to the Garret Silent Thunder IWB and the High Noon Down Under. I have looked in the holster section and seen A TON of positive things about the Silent Thunder and due to there shorter wait period and positive comments I am leaning toward them. So now that I know Garrett is Good to go push me over the edge to get one or tell me some things about the High noon if you have experience with it! I do not doubt that both holsters are of excellent quality and workmanship. Just trying to get some KahrTalk's members experience with either!

Bawanna
10-03-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't know why your wasting precious moments of your life contemplating here. Get Ron and Sheryl Garret on the horn and order up a Silent Thunder.

There's no gamble here. They will make you happy. If you don't like it they'll work with you, if you still don't like it they'll refund your money.

Real fine folks, very nice, very personable and very helpful if your undecided on options, belt attachment etc.

Can't go wrong. Order up. Pictures when you get it.

I have nothing bad to say about High Noon but I don't have any experience with them. No endorsement isn't a bad endorsement.

wayneo1
10-03-2011, 10:31 AM
I have a couple holsters from High noon never a problem plus I am a leather guy. I like leather for my holsters. I had a nice one made by Holsters by R Grizzle for my mk9 I love it.

Bawanna
10-03-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm also a devout leather guy. I like wood stocks on a rifle. That's one beauty of the Silent Thunder. You get the leather but also get the kydex. I doubt it will ever lose it's shape and you can bang into stuff all day long and not hurt the thing.

Sweat or outside moisture won't get to the gun or the leather caressing the gun. It's a nice setup.

I've often thought it's sad that there are so many beautiful leather holsters out there and we have to walk around making sure no body sees em.

Mernickle still has several holsters I want for OWB, some beautiful stuff and equally good nice people to deal with also.

Thunder71
10-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Another Silent Thunder believer here, love both of mine dearly, and as mentioned - great folks to do business with.

OldLincoln
10-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Like Bawanna, I have the Silent Thunder. It is Kydex lined with soft premium leather to protect you gun's finish. It's very quick and easy to slip on and off, truly a "grab-n-go" holster. Ron and Sheryl Garrett are super folks who stand behind their products 100%. You can call or email them for all question before and after the sale.

My ST Pics (http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/OldLincoln/Holsters/?albumview=slideshow) ---- ST Web Page (http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/products/Silent-Thunder-IWB.html)

Bill K
10-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Welcome to KahrTalk!

I'm not familiar with either of the holsters you mention so as often is the case I'm of no help. I have an Alabama pocket holster, for my PM9, that I like a lot after having made some mods to the holster. Will use a Remora holster (just OK in my opinion but many rave about it) for the occasional AIWB.

Cornhusker
10-03-2011, 02:29 PM
I really like my Silent Thunder. Ron and Sheryl are great to deal with and do great work. I also like my Remora for AIWB.

Kahrnonymous
10-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys/gals! Looks like ill be going the ST route...Partially because everyone loves it an there is a shorter wait period as well as good CS... Can someone explain the full/half/none sweat guard?

Bawanna
10-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys/gals! Looks like ill be going the ST route...Partially because everyone loves it an there is a shorter wait period as well as good CS... Can someone explain the full/half/none sweat guard?

The full sweat shield basically mirrors the gun so it can't touch your skin. The others are abbreviated versions of the same. Ron can explain that best.

I went with full and have no regrets. Also if you go full you can always remove what you don't like or they will do it for you I'm sure.

Jfootin I believe it was said the sweat shield dug into his "love handles" his words. The full shield does not interfere with getting a full grip before the draw, at least not for me.

I also went with the standard clip, it's very secure and easy to put on and take off. If you wear different size belts just get the clip for the largest and it will usually work for the narrower belts as well.

Someone else here experienced that and that was also Rons suggestion.

Kahrnonymous
10-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Thank you for clearing that up Bawanna

Bawanna
10-03-2011, 04:58 PM
So did you order it yet? We're burning daylight.

Baaca
10-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Just got my CM9 a few weeks ago and when I ordered the CM9 I also ordered a Remora clipless holster to arrive at the same time. I like the holster's versatility, pocket carry, IWB both strong side and cross draw. Its comfortable and for around $25 you cant go wrong. That being said, I have a High Noon IWB for my compact Glock. Quality construction and materials, just did not suit me.

Kahrnonymous
10-03-2011, 05:05 PM
may be getting a pocket holset too so ill keep this in mind! Thanks Baaca

JFootin
10-03-2011, 05:28 PM
may be getting a pocket holset too so ill keep this in mind! Thanks Baaca

If you wear standard jeans like I do, beware. The Remora has an extra 1"+ at the bottom/muzzle end that makes the back of the gun clearly visible at the very edge of the pocket opening.

Here is what I found for pocket carry for my CM9. It provides full coverage of the metal parts of the gun yet provides easy combat access to the grip, is made of thin horsehide that is nonetheless stiff enough to allow one handed reinsertion of the gun, is perfectly shaped for blue jean front pockets, is sewn together at the front and the back making thin strips that spread out the bulk of the gun to minimize printing, has 2 hooks to keep it in the pocket, and is smooth side in for a slick draw. It is the El Paso Pocket Max Holster (http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-163-22-pocket-max-horsehide-holster.aspx), and I got a great deal on it HERE (http://gunholstersunlimited.com/el-paso-pocket-max-pocket-holster-ambidextrous-natural-kahr-pm9-pm40-mk9-mk40-pmpm9-1.html?cat_id=79). Here it is:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/ElPasoPocketMaxHolster.jpg

I'm not knocking the Remora. Great quality holster with the slickest draw you ever experienced. And also great CS! If you wear cargo pants with deep pockets, no problem. I just wanted to warn you concerning using it with blue jeans for pocket carry of your CM9.

jlaudio29
10-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Id love to make you a pocket holster. Ill post a picture of my pocket holster, i put hooks on both ends of the holster to ensure that the holster stays in the pocket.

I can do horsehide for $45 shipped or cowhide $35 shipped.

Check out my other work on facebook

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q261/jlaudio29/Holster%20Pics/DSCN0416.jpg

slick slidestop
10-04-2011, 06:55 PM
I really like my Silent Thunder. Ron and Sheryl are great to deal with and do great work. I also like my Remora for AIWB.

I dont have my Silent Thunder yet (it has been ordered), but the other night I was trying to place my order and it kept rejecting it at the end of the transaction like my CC# was bad or something, so I gave up.

The next morning I had an e-mail from Ron and Sheryl apologizing for the technical difficulties I had and gave me a 20% off code if I was still interested in their product.

I was impressed that:

1. They knew I had problems, because I didnt complain
2. They offered a nice discount for my problems.

Needless to say I took them up on their offer not just because of the discount, but more so for what seemed to be great customer service.

OldLincoln
10-04-2011, 09:06 PM
You got that right Slick! They are good folks who treat everybody right, and proudly wave the great American flag. BTW they sell a lot of stuff to law and military, so you know they are serious.

Kahrnonymous
10-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Placed my order yesterday! Was kinda bummed they said they will be out of town for 10 days which pushes my holster arrival back 10 days but hey, im willing to wait for quality! Thanks for the help everyone!

Bawanna
10-05-2011, 08:35 PM
That's usually my luck but if anyone deserves a little break its them. They have taken care of a lot of people needing holsters. It's worth the wait hard as it may be.

yqtszhj
10-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Don Hume or Remora depending on your style.

Kahrnonymous
10-09-2011, 06:19 AM
That's usually my luck but if anyone deserves a little break its them. They have taken care of a lot of people needing holsters. It's worth the wait hard as it may be.

lol understandable...eh their wait isnt near was a CBST was for my XD ....THAT was a painful wait!

ron61
10-29-2011, 01:40 PM
So Kahrnonymous, What did you think of your Silent Thunder when you got it?