nyarlotep
10-14-2011, 12:10 AM

LaP
10-14-2011, 12:13 AM
And &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&m right back at ya.:D

Welcome to the forum.

beatlesfan
10-14-2011, 03:21 AM

I can't believe that she said that either! You heard what happened next right?

LaP
10-14-2011, 09:05 AM
I can't believe that she said that either! You heard what happened next right?

I give up. What'd she say and what's she do?:confused:

Thunder71
10-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Only every other Friday!

OldLincoln
10-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Hey, I'm very happily married so stop hitting on me! Besides I'm old enough to be your grandfather. Wish I could remember if I am.

LaP
10-14-2011, 09:12 AM
I'm sure the original poster was just trying to get me to say something stupid. OK, I can appreciate that. It's what I do best.
If your knees bent in the other direction, what would a chair look like?

MW surveyor
10-14-2011, 09:18 AM
^^^^One can only imagine. If I didn't have so dang much to do here, I'd design one for you.

gb6491
10-14-2011, 09:45 AM

klaatu barda nikto

JFootin
10-14-2011, 10:16 AM
That's "klaatu barada nikto." No telling what meaning we would get with it misspelled.

gb6491
10-14-2011, 10:20 AM
That's "klaatu barada nikto." No telling what meaning we would get with it misspelled.
Thanks JF, seems my "Klaatu'' spellchecker is on the fritz today:)
Regards,
Greg

O'Dell
10-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks JF, seems my "Klaatu'' spellchecker is on the fritz today:)
Regards,
Greg

Doesn't matter, as long as you remembered that great movie.

OldLincoln
10-14-2011, 11:57 AM
The original will always be a favorite along with Princess Bride, The Air Force Story, Hunt for Red October, and maybe Magnificent Seven.

Bawanna
10-14-2011, 12:01 PM
My uncle (RIP) had a dog named Fritz. He was a good dog. He must of been kind of famous since everything that's FUBAR'd is usually named after him.

And who could forget Bridge Over the River Quay or Quie or Quack? Well I guess I forgot too, must not have been that good.

Bawanna
10-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Or Tora, Tora, Tora, nikto too. And a pleasant tomorrow too.

nyarlotep
10-14-2011, 12:07 PM
hahaha this thread is fun!
I was playing with the filters and put in a bunch of words that would get blocked. For some reason, the singular of "crackers" gets filtered, along with "cell phone" if you write it as one word. Very odd.

Scoundrel
10-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Ya know, MOST people entice their friends to join forums by telling them about the great information that can be obtained, or the friendly people there, etc.

But not me. My friends are weird. I tell him that "cell phone" without the space, and "crackers" without the "s" are oddly in the naughty word filter list, and he joins up just to play around with the filters.

Bawanna
10-14-2011, 12:33 PM
So in summary your saying Odd and Weird are what we do best?

I'm not sure if we should be offended or gosh darn proud, but I'm leaning towards the gosh darn proud myself! Everybody has to be good at something right, although I've met a few that seemed to be challenged in all departments.

The CIC comes to mind for some reason.

And Scoundrel and Nyarotep (trying saying that 10 times really fast) are buds. I should have made that connection. I must be slipping.

Scoundrel
10-14-2011, 12:36 PM
And Scoundrel and Nyarotep (trying saying that 10 times really fast) are buds. I should have made that connection. I must be slipping.

OK, now I'm curious as to what clues are evident that should have connected us.

I remember mentioning the "crackers" thing in the forum, but that was like a month ago. I didn't say anything about the "cell phone" thing at the time, just edited the post after preview to use the form that doesn't get blocked.

Bawanna
10-14-2011, 12:53 PM
OK, now I'm curious as to what clues are evident that should have connected us.

I remember mentioning the "crackers" thing in the forum, but that was like a month ago. I didn't say anything about the "cell phone" thing at the time, just edited the post after preview to use the form that doesn't get blocked.

The crackers thing was the big clue to me. On days when my dementia isn't in control I remember stuff like that.

And it's ok to have friends, if you don't want to claim him, we're perfectly ok with that.

My good friend and fearless leader JohnH is looking over the naughty word list adding to how totally busy he is so maybe some of them silly ones that don't offend nobody will get trashed.

O'Dell
10-14-2011, 01:16 PM
My good friend and fearless leader JohnH is looking over the naughty word list adding to how totally busy he is so maybe some of them silly ones that don't offend nobody will get trashed.

Like *********?

Well obviously not - I'll have to keep writing cellular phone, I guess.

Thunder71
10-14-2011, 01:33 PM
It's more fun to replace 'bad' words with 'silly' words. I used to own/run a truck forum and would replace the foul language with things like flubber dubby, ******, gosh darn, etc... Because of this, I also enabled the option for members to turn it off if they wanted to.

$.005 worth.

Scoundrel
10-14-2011, 01:37 PM
And it's ok to have friends, if you don't want to claim him, we're perfectly ok with that.

If I didn't want to claim him, I'd have ignored the thread. He's a bit rednecky sometimes, but overall a good guy.

Speaking of John, I submitted a couple of forum requests a month or so ago (not the smiley/formatting stuff which still does not work but I have accepted it for now). I was asking about increasing the size limits for the attached images and avatars. But I didn't get any response. Either he's busy as hell, or he didn't figure my requests warranted a response. :)

I'm willing to help fiddle with forum stuff on the back end, if I can be trusted with access.

Bawanna
10-14-2011, 01:40 PM
If I didn't want to claim him, I'd have ignored the thread. He's a bit rednecky sometimes, but overall a good guy.

Speaking of John, I submitted a couple of forum requests a month or so ago (not the smiley/formatting stuff which still does not work but I have accepted it for now). I was asking about increasing the size limits for the attached images and avatars. But I didn't get any response. Either he's busy as hell, or he didn't figure my requests warranted a response. :)

I'm willing to help fiddle with forum stuff on the back end, if I can be trusted with access.

I know he increased the size limit for attached images, don't recall nothing on avatars. He's always busy but always sends a response.

Incidently rednecky is GOOD. I kind of lean, well actually sit that direction myself.

OldLincoln
10-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Attached images have been resized and are great. Avatars, don't know.

Scoundrel
10-14-2011, 01:49 PM
I know he increased the size limit for attached images, don't recall nothing on avatars.

Well, when I go to attach an image, it tells me that the limit is 640x280 (the same as the first day I joined this forum).

Well, 640x280 is not very tall vs. wide, and makes a lot of things unreadable.

Hmmm. I just attached something, and it's a LOT taller than 280 pixels in the preview. So I think that the size DID get increased, but the screen that tells you what the size limit is simply did not get updated.

OK, this is good. Now I can start uploading images directly to the forum instead of putting them on my web server and linking them, where they might one day vanish and leave a bunch of broken pointers on the forum.