PDA

View Full Version : PM 45 Range Report

vmo
01-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I bought a new PM 45 a couple of weeks ago, and I am trying to get through the break-in. My personal "before I carry" requirement is that the gun fire 200 rounds without mishap from the last mishap. I was doing real good at around round count 150 with 230 gr Golden Sabers. I tried some Rem 230 gr hollowpoint reloads that I run in my P-14, and the Kahr choked on them. Multiple fail to chamber, looked like 3 point jams. I worked thru the box of 50 and came home to clean the gun. I think the ammo was at fault, but also could of been a cleanliness issue. I had a few minor issues in the first 150 G/Ss, but nowhere near the problems with the Rems. I'm going back later with more GS, and some Corbons. It looks like I may change my carry ammo back to the Golden Sabers.

vmo

hsart
01-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I have run around 500 rounds through my PM45. I have heard that Golden Sabers run pretty flawlessly through, so I would bet that it was not a cleanliness issue but an ammo issue. I have some G/S on order and will report after I use them. I had a few failures in the first 200 rounds, none since then except for some case ejection direction issues. I have only used Rem UMC and Speer Gold Dot TMJs so far.

jocko
01-10-2010, 04:10 PM
my bet is on the reloads......

Smoke Eater
01-10-2010, 05:54 PM
I was reading an article the other day where the same thing happened to the author and he attributed it to hand fatigue, his grip weakened and his little finger was pulling down on the bottom of the mag.

Just a thought??????

Cheers,
Dave

jocko
01-10-2010, 06:06 PM
still very odd that the gun acted up on reloads, My bet is still on the reloads...