PDA

View Full Version : Little Bear Holster / PM9

mx5fan
01-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Hi All,

I thought I'd share a couple of pics of my new "Little Bear" OWB holster for my PM9. I've worn it the last two days and it's as comfortable as can be and with a shirt over it...conceals really well. I'm really liking this holster and want to thank Little Bear for a nice, comfortable, reasonably priced holster.

I just realized after posting this that it should probably be in the Holster forum, so mods, feel free to move, if you so desire

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/Packin_Pistolero/LIttleBear1.jpg

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/Packin_Pistolero/IMG00021-20100110-1035.jpg

500KV
01-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi All,

I thought I'd share a couple of pics of my new "Little Bear" OWB holster for my PM9. I've worn it the last two days and it's as comfortable as can be and with a shirt over it...conceals really well. I'm really liking this holster and want to thank Little Bear for a nice, comfortable, reasonably priced holster.

I just realized after posting this that it should probably be in the Holster forum, so mods, feel free to move, if you so desire

Great looking rig there mx5. I like the dual tone look.
Now if my jeans just looked that good on me...:D

Kahrdog
01-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Looks good mx5fan. Have you worn it cross draw yet? Looks like a perfect holster for driving. It rides high . I'll have to google it.
Thx. for sharing.

Kahrdog

Dietrich
01-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Very nice indeed.I remember when you posted a question concerning holsters.Glad to see that you found one that wears and conceals well.Just the right amount of cant and holds the firearm in close to the body.I`m impressed!Congratulations.

zena
01-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Nice looking holster! But does it hit you in the ribs? I can't wear my gun that high. Along with the fact that an old shoulder injury doesn't really let me comfortably draw from that angle.

mx5fan
01-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks one and all.

500K, thanks and can't help ya there with the way your jeans fit, but I can recommend a nice holtser ;)

Kahrdog, I'm not big on crossdraw even though I can appreciate the advantage when in the car.

Dietrich, yes, I looked around for a holster and I'm pleased with the way this one feels and the draw is good with just enough retention. I also have a Tucker Gunleather Cover-Up (IWB) on order so that I'll have the ability to wear my PM9 either OWB or IWB....a girl can never have too many holsters :2rolleyes:

Zena, actually it's really comfortable and doesn't hit me in the ribs, thank goodness. In reality I think any holster is going to sit a bit high for most women, it's just one of those things we have to accommodate if we want to carry on our person. That's a bummer about your shoulder injury, that would certainly make it difficult to draw from the waist. I'm curious, how do you carry?

Bawanna
01-16-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm speechless. That's a beautiful holster. it's a shame we can't all walk around totally open carry so we could show off cool looking guns and holsters. Imagine playing show and tell in the aisles at the grocery store. I can only dream. First the drop dead gorgeous grips on your Wesson and now this. You need that same rig for it as well. And yes 500, the jeans are very nice too. Try not to dwell on it, she's spoken for.
I've mentioned it before but you folks searching for holsters, check out Mernickle. I seldom encounter a company with more honesty and integrity and they make one heck of a nice comfortable quality holster. I'm fond of the PS6, it rides very high so might not be best for Zena, he's just added a midride and a low ride. I think if you let him know your wishes he'll make it happen. They make alot of cowboy type holsters but a great selection of CCW stuff as well. Genuine good people, hope to meet them in person one day, if there are enough days left.

Bawanna
01-16-2010, 03:03 PM
The tail end of my last entry sounded kind of negative on cowboys. Let it be known that I love cowboys, that don't sound just right, but you get my drift. I love cowgirls too. I like to think I am one, (cowboy, need to be specific) maybe kind of a redneck/cowboy mix. Got a couple ponies in the back that the wife rides. Since I no longer travel vertically I don't ride em but we're still pals.
Truth be told I prefer a good mule anyday but then some think I'm just weird, and I'm drifting off course.

mr surveyor
01-16-2010, 03:03 PM
I would love to have that holster for my CW9. I've been using a similar style holster for me every day j-frame "field gun" for quite a while, and I actually carry strong side using the bottom slot (designed for cross draw-weak side carry). It carrys high, very concealable, and tight to the body, and due to my joint structure it's much easier for me to draw from a vertical holster than a canted holster. I have tried to position my "pancake" style holster in the canted position, even at "five o'clock", but just am not able to effectively reach back, turn my wrist and draw forward.

I like the looks of the Little Bear and would like to see a pic of it carried strong side in the high ride vertical position.

surv

Bawanna
01-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Agreed Mr. Surveyor. I do the same thing as well. Prefer straight up, no cant. Using the crossdraw slot almost makes it FBI cant. Works for me.

NavJAG06
01-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Dave at Little Bear Holsters does superb work. A great looking holster.

zena
01-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks one and all.

500K, thanks and can't help ya there with the way your jeans fit, but I can recommend a nice holtser ;)

Kahrdog, I'm not big on crossdraw even though I can appreciate the advantage when in the car.

Dietrich, yes, I looked around for a holster and I'm pleased with the way this one feels and the draw is good with just enough retention. I also have a Tucker Gunleather Cover-Up (IWB) on order so that I'll have the ability to wear my PM9 either OWB or IWB....a girl can never have too many holsters :2rolleyes:

Zena, actually it's really comfortable and doesn't hit me in the ribs, thank goodness. In reality I think any holster is going to sit a bit high for most women, it's just one of those things we have to accommodate if we want to carry on our person. That's a bummer about your shoulder injury, that would certainly make it difficult to draw from the waist. I'm curious, how do you carry?

Hi mx5! I carry in the waistband, appendix position. Hides in front of my hip bone. My competition holsters are dropped and offset which makes drawing very easy on my shoulder. It would be great to be able to carry in that position.