PDA

View Full Version : PM9, range time ammo woes

Rubb
10-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Went to the range and it happened again! I ran out of ammo!!

Anyway…I shot 4 types of ammo I hadn’t tried yet….flawless :D
This brings me to 17 different types of ammo (1324 rounds) without a single issue.
How many different types of ammo have you shot?

Thunder71
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Maybe 6 :-)

Good to hear!

Posted from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

jocko
10-18-2011, 12:53 PM
for range ammo I mostly7 use wwb from wal mart. I buy the lowest price us made ammo for range fodder thatI can. Defense ammo, I have probalby shot a half dozen differne3t brands, all flawless. Once a kahr gets goijng it will shoot anything u shove into the pipe. They are not ammo sensitive.

Bill K
10-18-2011, 02:34 PM
3 different brand ball ammo, 124gr FMJ reloads and 2 different SD loads.

Rubb
10-18-2011, 06:40 PM
3 different brand ball ammo, 124gr FMJ reloads and 2 different SD loads.

Yeah 7 have been different reloads and I’ve got a couple worked up to try next time.

My pet load was 4gr. Red Dot under 124gr Berrys plated @ 1.15…accuracy took a dump and it shot softer when I switched to Precision Delta 124gr. FMJ’s :confused:
I reduced the OAL to 1.14 to see if that helps.

Tried some with 5gr. Green Dot today, accuracy was good, it was just a tad hot…loaded up some at 4.8 gr..shot this one before but, it wasn’t great with the Berrys.

The others have been 5 FMJ’s and 5 JHP’s.

les strat
10-19-2011, 09:19 AM
I think I have shot 4 or 5 types of FMJ and 2 of SD ammo. Break-in aside, I have had zero issues with any of it.

rgg16g
10-19-2011, 03:38 PM
With my CM9 these worked with my two 6 rd mags…

USA Ammo (reloads) 115gr FMJ 1150 fps (my range ammo)
+P+ Federal Classic Hi-Shok 115 Grain JHP 1300 fps
+P Remington Golden Saber 124 Grain jacketed Hollow Point 1180 fps

These did not, 6 out of 50 would fail to feed, both mags failed.

Winchester 147gr JHP (white box)
(I had about 400-500 rds through the gun when I tried the Winchester, and it was clean) What happened when the mag was full (6 rds) the top round would pull forward slightly the one below, then the now out of position round would press up on the slide catch thus locking the slide back when the first round was fired. To clear the malfunction I would remove the mag, reposition the top round, then proceed to fire the remaining 5 without issue.
I have not tried any other 147 gr rounds since; will have to make a point try something different.

On a side note I tried a 7 round mag that I recently received from Kahr with their free promotion. This POS would not feed my USA Ammo, same problem as I had with the Winchester with my 6 rd mags.

Rubb
10-19-2011, 03:49 PM
I guess I’m the lucky one…never an issue with either mag..147 JHP’s cycle fine WWB and Gold Dot.

Ressom
10-24-2011, 02:22 PM
I recently purchased 2 cases of S&B 115 gr FMJ. It was marked as POLICE and had green primer sealer instead of the normal red. It comes sealed in 250 round plastic bags. I had read online where it might be a little hotter that the regular S&B.

I shot some last weekend through my CM9 and to me it was no different than the regular S&B. But I got home and the barrel didn't seem as dirty as normal. It just took a couple of patches to clean. There could be other factors at play, though (other than the ammo). I started using Ballistol to clean the barrel and stopped with the hoppes and break-cleaner. Maybe it is forming a protective layer? Also normally I shoot at least 150 rounds... I only did 100 rounds this time.

Anyway, if I see more S&B Police, I'm buying!

jocko
10-24-2011, 02:42 PM
never heard of that S & B police round, was the price right. Think might just be ad hye more than anything. Heh what ever works best for u, indeed stick with it..