PDA

View Full Version : Tough to draw

Dietrich
01-11-2010, 05:33 AM
I have a Galco IWB holster for my Rossi model 461 .357magnum snubnose.I`ve noticed that it is sometimes a problem to draw the handgun quickly and cleanly.Is there anything that I need to treat the inside of the holster with? And if there is,does it interfere with gun retention? I`d like to have a Crossbreed for it but they don`t make any for 6 shot revolvers.I love the .357 round but I`m not comfortable with this holster at all. There is a big gunshow this weekend and if I need to buy a new holster,there will lots of different brands to look at.Any advice? As usual,your input is greatly appreciated. :)

ripley16
01-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Galco make an excellent product, Draw E-Z, for the inside of your holster. It works. the holster also may just need to be broken in a bit. Most holsters are tight when new.

mx5fan
01-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Hey Dietrich,

I purchased and used "Leather Lightening" from Mitch Rosen on my Little Bear leather holster and it does a really nice job of conditioning and smoothing the inside of the leather holster for ease of draw and soes not harm the holster or the gun. A good thing to have in one's bag of tricks.

You can get it from the Kahr Shop under Holster Products item # KACCLL

(http://www.kahrshop.com/)

Smoke Eater
01-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Dietrich
I had a problem with the whole revolver/IWB combo. due to the fact that my belt would pinch the holster closed behind the cylinder.
Ended up switching to OWB!

Dave

medezyner
01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
+2 on the Leather Lightning. After you apply the LL, put the revolver in a heavy ziplock type bag, shove it in the holster and wear it as much as possible. The movement helps work the LL into the leather. The stuff works pretty good.

jocko
01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
+2 on the Leather Lightning. After you apply the LL, put the revolver in a heavy ziplock type bag, shove it in the holster and wear it as much as possible. The movement helps work the LL into the leather. The stuff works pretty good.

tip on the ziplock bag thing, for any leather condition, not just LL..:cool:

Dietrich
01-11-2010, 04:18 PM
As usual,I can count on you folks to come through with the solution.Thank you all for the information.D.

mx5fan
01-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Oh yea, I forgot about the zip lock bag prep. I did that first then I used the LL and it's all good, works like a charm.

ltxi
01-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Another vote for LL....