PDA

View Full Version : REDEUX: Excellent Day at the Range with New CM9

PCollen
10-22-2011, 01:32 PM
I bought an extra 6-rd mag, and ran 3 mags each (36 rounds) of Federal 115g FMJ through my month-old CM9 with no issues whatsoever. The gun shoots very accurately but you need a very firm grip. Any play at all will cause the slide to not lock back on the last round. That recoil spring is very strong. I then switch over to my XD9 for 2 mags (32 rounds) then left as the range was a) having shooting classes, b) hosting 'ladies shoot free day', and c) had several kids in there with their parents and so it was just too busy for me for an 8-lane indoor range.

Question: Is it OK to use a brass brush inside the barrel of the Kahr CM9 (and CW9 too), or should one use a softer nylon brush ? I got a nylon brush with my XD9, but my cleaning kit has the brass brush which I prefer to use on the XD and would like to also use on the Kahr.

Joe L
10-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Brass brush is OK.

340pd
10-22-2011, 02:54 PM
If the slide does not always lock back, check your grip. I use the both thumbs forward grip as on my 1911's. With that grip is easy to rest your thumb on the slide release. The slightest pressure on it will prevent the slide from locking back. I am famous for this on my Ruger 22's.

jocko
10-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I bought an extra 6-rd mag, and ran 3 mags each (36 rounds) of Federal 115g FMJ through my month-old CM9 with no issues whatsoever. The gun shoots very accurately but you need a very firm grip. Any play at all will cause the slide to not lock back on the last round. That recoil spring is very strong. I then switch over to my XD9 for 2 mags (32 rounds) then left as the range was a) having shooting classes, b) hosting 'ladies shoot free day', and c) had several kids in there with their parents and so it was just too busy for me for an 8-lane indoor range.

Question: Is it OK to use a brass brush inside the barrel of the Kahr CM9 (and CW9 too), or should one use a softer nylon brush ? I got a nylon brush with my XD9, but my cleaning kit has the brass brush which I prefer to use on the XD and would like to also use on the Kahr.

is fine, u an't gonna hurt that barrel. In time when that recoil spring gets a fewhundred rounds on it, that slide will lock open alot easier on the last round, loose grip or not. Right now your kahr needs all the reverse force of a good tight grip to allow the slide to fully retract and lock open. It will come to you very shortly. Kahrs are tight, from the action/frame to the recio assembly, all need some rounds down range and propper lube.

kahr tech section:

#1 KAHR LUBE CHART IT IS A DANDY