PDA

View Full Version : PM9 New Gun Range Report - 1 FTE out of 250

TxKahr
01-11-2010, 02:59 PM
I bought a PM9 on Friday from my LGS and took it to the range on Saturday for the mandatory break-in period. I shot 250 rounds of 115G Monarch and Independence brass ammo through it with only one FTE. After reading all the things on GlockTalk and KahrTalk, I was expecting much worse performance.

The FTE happened after 90 rounds and my shooting hand may have been to blame. I had just switched back from shooting a quick 20 rounds through my Glock 26 and I was pulling the trigger on the first round of the 7-round mag. It seemed to take a long time (compared to the Glock) and when it finally went off, I felt my wrist twist. I pulled the trigger again and nothing happened. The spent shell was halfway out of the gun and the slide had it locked into place. I could not rack the slide, so I removed the magazine and then racked it. The empty casing fell to the ground. I replaced the magazine and, then shot another 160 rounds through it without any further issues.

To compare the two guns, I would say the G26 is slightly easier to shoot due to the higher weight, but I enjoyed the narrower grip of the PM9. (I have the Pearce finger grips on both guns, so the hold is fairly similar) I also like the fact that Kahr is going to be much easier to conceal. I am very pleased with the PM9 experience and I found it was not difficult or unpleasant to shoot 250 rounds through the gun in one session. Some people have said they do not like to shoot the Kahr for extended periods, but I found it extremely accurate and not too hard on my hands.

So far, I think it is going to be a keeper... :cool:

TxKahr

Dietrich
01-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.The PM9 is one of the most discussed here and also one of the favorites.I think that the more you shoot it,the more you`ll like it. I own several really good handguns for cc but the PM9 is with me practically all the time. :)

jocko
01-11-2010, 03:23 PM
actually a kahr is very pleasant to shoot, except maybe the 40 cal PM series, but that is the caliber and not the gun With it lower bore axis, it helps felt recoil alot. I would not even try to compare the glock trigger system to the kahr trigger systems. Just two totally differnet designed systems. eash does their job well by the way..

I shoot my g19 alot more accurate than I do any of my 3 kahrs but it is my safe/drawer queen where as my PM9 is my 24/7 carry. That to me is a big big difference..

Vinikahr
01-11-2010, 06:15 PM
I bought a PM9 on Friday from my LGS and took it to the range on Saturday for the mandatory break-in period. I shot 250 rounds of 115G Monarch and Independence brass ammo through it with only one FTE. After reading all the things on GlockTalk and KahrTalk, I was expecting much worse performance.

The FTE happened after 90 rounds and my shooting hand may have been to blame. I had just switched back from shooting a quick 20 rounds through my Glock 26 and I was pulling the trigger on the first round of the 7-round mag. It seemed to take a long time (compared to the Glock) and when it finally went off, I felt my wrist twist. I pulled the trigger again and nothing happened. The spent shell was halfway out of the gun and the slide had it locked into place. I could not rack the slide, so I removed the magazine and then racked it. The empty casing fell to the ground. I replaced the magazine and, then shot another 160 rounds through it without any further issues.

To compare the two guns, I would say the G26 is slightly easier to shoot due to the higher weight, but I enjoyed the narrower grip of the PM9. (I have the Pearce finger grips on both guns, so the hold is fairly similar) I also like the fact that Kahr is going to be much easier to conceal. I am very pleased with the PM9 experience and I found it was not difficult or unpleasant to shoot 250 rounds through the gun in one session. Some people have said they do not like to shoot the Kahr for extended periods, but I found it extremely accurate and not too hard on my hands.

So far, I think it is going to be a keeper... :cool:

TxKahr

I just recently bought a PM9, still have not shoot it. I will go to the range to break in with my CW45, still thinking about since I will expect to be a brutal range session, but I do not want to do it in several range visits since the range fees has increased in my area( I have a budget). If I get a few issues during that time no biggie. I really like them. Any who, welcome and enjoy.:hippie: