PDA

View Full Version : CM9 Problem Help Please!

pur4
10-24-2011, 09:33 PM
I just bought the cm9 in about a week. I haven't even shoot it yet. I been working on racking the slide 500 time. Last night I was racking the slide and the slide got stuck so I took a picture of it. I was able to bump the slide for it to go forward. I then rack the slide a few more time and it happen 2 more time. I was wondering could it be the grease I applied or the Breakfree Powder Blast did something to it. I was wondering does the recoil spring how to point to a specific direction? Have anyone have this problem before?

Also I was wondering have anyone bought the cm9 with factory polish feed ramp? Mine came polish I thought you have to send it in to get it polish or DIY.

http://kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4527&stc=1&d=1319512776

Bawanna
10-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Looks like you might have the same issue kantor had. Is the end of the recoil spring sticking out the muzzle end when its stuck. If it is open the end up some and put the end at the top towards the barrel and it should stay where it belongs.

DaveInCA
10-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Also make sure you have oil or grease under the slide where the barrel will rub. It's a tight fit.

pur4
10-24-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't recall the spring was sticking out when the stuck happened. Could it be a bad guide rod?

pur4
10-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Forgot to ask where can I find kantor post with the same issue? Any help?

jdavis
10-25-2011, 04:33 AM
There is a proper way to install the recoil spring. You must have the closed end toward the front of the rod and the open end at the rear of the rod.
Have a look at this videio for the PM9 (CM9 as the same) to see if you have done this correctly.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gBiTJzaCRU

pur4
10-25-2011, 05:01 AM
jdavis thank you for the youtube clip. I knew how the spring suppose to be on the guide rod. I did reassemble just like the youtube and yet it got stuck 3 times. I must of put too little oil or something. The problem haven't recurred yet since I relube everything. What I was wondering about was is there a specific way to insert the spring into the guide rod hole which locate on the slide. Is the pointy part of the spring have to point to the side, bottom, or top. From what Bawanna said I think is the pointy end of the spring have to point upward toward the barrel? I need feed back from bawanna and others! and would be great to see kantor issue post as well.

jocko
10-25-2011, 06:20 AM
bawanna is telling ur right. also in the owners manual it tells u that, also in the kahr tech section under ":propper prepping of ur new kahr" it tells u that to. OPEN END ALWAYS TOWARDS THE FRONT OF THE SLIDE.

jocko
10-25-2011, 06:24 AM
I just bought the cm9 in about a week. I haven't even shoot it yet. I been working on racking the slide 500 time. Last night I was racking the slide and the slide got stuck so I took a picture of it. I was able to bump the slide for it to go forward. I then rack the slide a few more time and it happen 2 more time. I was wondering could it be the grease I applied or the Breakfree Powder Blast did something to it. I was wondering does the recoil spring how to point to a specific direction? Have anyone have this problem before?

Also I was wondering have anyone bought the cm9 with factory polish feed ramp? Mine came polish I thought you have to send it in to get it polish or DIY.

http://kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4527&stc=1&d=1319512776

take the slide off and recheck to see if the recoil spring is on the guide rod correctly. OPEN END TOWARDS THE FRONT OF THE SLIDE. If that is OK then take that spring off and reverse it and see if it runs up and down on that recoil rod with no hindrance. If u feel friction it is the tip of the outter recoil spring , the open end probably grabbing on that rod. This can cause issues. just take a pair of pliers and open up that end tip a tad until it clears and runs up and down smoothly. then reveese it and put it back on the recoil rod correctly (open end towards the front of the slide) and reinstall and see what you get.

If u hav enot shot the gun yet, visit the kahr tech section and hit on two good stickys

#1 kahr lube chart

#2 propper prepping of ur new kahr..

u got a great gun prep it right before that first shoot and it will be a fun shoot.

Bawanna
10-25-2011, 09:27 AM
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9100&page=2

Here is the other thread. I thought he had it solved with the spring but now it doesn't appear that is the case.

OldLincoln
10-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Pur4, You didn't mention if you had completed the "Proper Prep" cleaning and lube that is a must on these guns. One spot in particular was pointed out by DaveInCA:

Also make sure you have oil or grease under the slide where the barrel will rub. It's a tight fit.

That is lube point 6 on the lube chart. It is a very high friction spot as the barrel hood may rub that spot about the same place in the slide action as yours sticks. Don't be shy with the lube there, that is don't lather it like you're about the shave it, but put in on and rub it in. And by lube in that spot, we're talking gun grease. It's a simple and quick thing to do and may solve a lot of problems.