PDA

View Full Version : New member with CM9

jimsea
10-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Bought a new CM9 last week. It came out the box well oiled, and the purchase came with free range use so I grabbed a couple boxes of ammo and punched some holes. So far (100 rounds) it has performed flawlessly. I find it to be extremely accurate and comfortable to shoot. I also carry an LCP which is an excellent weapon but not all that fun to shoot.

I was not aware of this forum until tonight. Must say great forum and very informative threads here. I had already polished the sides of my slide with 600/800/1200/2000 wet or dry and flitz. Was looking for smoother draw from my Desantis pocket holster.......and it looks good.

I did notice the supplied factory magazine did not drop completely. An excellent thread here remedied that situation. After taking the mag apart, I wrapped it in some cardboard from an ammo box and gave the upper 1/3 of the mag a little squeeze with a vice and now it works perfectly.

Love the CM9 so far and can't of anything else that needs to be done to it.

Jim

stumprat
10-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Congratulations on the new gun. It will continue to shoot better with time.

tobster99
10-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Welcome!! I am also new to the forum as well and bought a new CM9 last Saturday.

jocko
10-26-2011, 04:30 AM
both of u newbies welcome the cm9 is stealing the show lately. It is a fine well made gun. u should goto the kahr tech section and hit on two stickys that will help u enjopy ur kahr better.

#1 kahr lube chasrt

#2 propper preppng of ur new kahr..

JFootin
10-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the forum, fellow CM9 owners! You will find tons of knowledge about Kahrs and firearms in general on this forum. But you will also find a splendid collection of some of the most respectful, intelligent and very humorous people on any forum! An absolutely great bunch of people, and no trolls.

Bawanna
10-26-2011, 09:16 AM
How do you know for sure I'm not a troll?

Welcome guys, stick around, you'll like here. I gotta get back under my bridge, looks like it might rain a bit and it's getting chilly here in the NW.

HeyGuysWatchThis
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
I had already polished the sides of my slide with 600/800/1200/2000 wet or dry and flitz. Was looking for smoother draw from my Desantis pocket holster.......and it looks good.

Jim

Hmm, sounds interesting. Care to share any photos?

jocko
10-26-2011, 12:18 PM
How do you know for sure I'm not a troll?

Welcome guys, stick around, you'll like here. I gotta get back under my bridge, looks like it might rain a bit and it's getting chilly here in the NW.

do not leave wheel marks at people bedroom windows:der: but perverts DO:19:

JFootin
10-26-2011, 01:03 PM

Yeah, you know we have a sergeant at arms around here who insists on pics!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Misc/ermey-weapon.jpg

jimsea
10-26-2011, 03:41 PM

Ok.....took few shots for you. I just polished the sides for a smoother draw.

The Desantis holster is for a Glock 27 which I owned previously. I had my canvas guy stitch it snug to the trigger guard for the LCP. And a bonus........the CM9 also fits perfectly.

Bawanna
10-26-2011, 03:46 PM
You did a beautiful job on that polishing. I can't help but notice the floor. Are you in the oval office? Could you pass along a message for me?

Never mind, probably wouldn't do any good anyhow.

Wait, looking again that might not be floor, maybe a table? Did you get that table from the oval office?

jimsea
10-28-2011, 12:41 PM
After reading some of the other range reports of some failures, I'm feeling damn lucky with the one I have. Went to the range today and blasted 150 rounds continuous with no hiccups whatsoever. Shot a mag of Speer gold dots, some Am Eagle, and plain jane Federals. That makes 250 rounds total.

HeyGuysWatchThis
10-30-2011, 02:42 PM
So how did you accomplish the polishing, anyway? Did you just lay the slide flat on the sandpaper and slide it back and forth?

jimsea
10-30-2011, 04:01 PM
So how did you accomplish the polishing, anyway? Did you just lay the slide flat on the sandpaper and slide it back and forth?

I'm a boat guy so it was no different than sanding a gelcoat repair.

Kind of a blurry pic but essentially folded over a piece of wet-or-dry sandpaper onto a small sanding block such as a small piece of starboard in this case. Sequentially worked my way from 600-2000 grit adding a little water as needed. The sanding block helps to keep you from unintentionally migrating to adjacent surfaces......the areas you don't want polished. And of course removing the slide makes it easier. I used a back and forth sanding motion as opposed to circular.

Finish up by buffing with some Flitz or similar product.

TheTman
10-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the forum Jimsea. Hope your CM9 works out really well for you.

HeyGuysWatchThis
10-30-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm a boat guy so it was no different than sanding a gelcoat repair.

Kind of a blurry pic but essentially folded over a piece of wet-or-dry sandpaper onto a small sanding block such as a small piece of starboard in this case. Sequentially worked my way from 600-2000 grit adding a little water as needed. The sanding block helps to keep you from unintentionally migrating to adjacent surfaces......the areas you don't want polished. And of course removing the slide makes it easier. I used a back and forth sanding motion as opposed to circular.

Finish up by buffing with some Flitz or similar product.

Ok, thanks. That makes sense. Pretty sure I'll be doing this at some point. I love the fact that the raw stainless slide makes things like this possible.

jimsea
10-31-2011, 07:41 AM
I love the fact that the raw stainless slide makes things like this possible.

I hear you. I thought the stamped or engraved (whichever it is) designation markings on the slide looked a little rough. After the polish job the markings look good.......just as "finished" as the PM in my opinion. Such a simple thing to do to make it comparable to the more expensive model.........and by all reports, it shoots just as well as the PM.

Plus, since I take it offshore fishing with me if I'm ever lost at sea, I can use it as a signal mirror. :D