PDA

View Full Version : Lovin my CM9

gilfo
10-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Well got to the range with the CM9. Happy to report 180 rfs and only one malfunction. On the 15 rd the slide did not lock back on the empty mag. Other than that it functioned flawless. Would have put the 200 rds thru it but spent 20 on trying to shoot my Walther P99c without shooting low and to the left. The CM 9 pretty much went where I aimed it.

Avenger
10-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Good to know that there is a happy CM9 owner out there and one having success. Especially since I ordered mine last night!

Hognutz
10-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Good to here a success story. That's a good thing..

SyckoSmoker
10-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Good to hear a positive report. I'm curious as to how many problems with pistols especially the subs and pocket guns can be attributed to inexperience? These things can be a bit picky with grips and ammo and sometimes you have to do a little trial and error testing. Me personally I don't really have much issue buying guns that have minor issues going on. I'll tinker around with it if there is a problem. I guess I've been very lucky and have only had one firearm with issues years ago. Hopefully my new pm9 will continue my run of good luck.

bonjorno2
10-31-2011, 07:37 PM
glad you got rid of the glock?

OldLincoln
10-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Can't bring myself to call you Sycko, so it'll be "Smoker". Anyway, Smoker, during breakin the metal parts in these things are rubbing themselves together something fierce until they fit real snug and smooth. That generates a lot of friction which slows down the slide action which cause misfeeds and ejection issues. That's why we say a) grease the high friction areas (big one is Lube point #6) and b) you gotta shoot it through it's housebreaking. Expect some issues but don't let yourself get overly frustrated or tinker too much. You can and should polish places like #6 and the feed ramp and chamber mouth to speed the process along but it will happen.

I'd estimate that drives a lot of problems, but so does inexperience with the Kahr. That doesn't say anything bad about new-to-Kahr folks, it is just a bit different than many other guns. It has the sweet trigger coupled with a vicious slide action that uses every nano-meter of the rails to do it's job. That's why it's a challenge to slingshot if not coached, even if you've shot 1911's for 30 years. Look at it like a race car engine on a go kart. You have to manage it pretty tightly especially through the initial process. For example, if it's jumping out of your weak hand grip you aren't managing it and need to fix your grip

SyckoSmoker
10-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the advice I understand completely and generally run my autoloaders fairly wet. I don't get too excited if I have a few malfunctions in the first 200 rouds or so and fully understand all brands have their quirks and a possible learning curve. Wow am I ready for my PM9 to get here. It's going to be a long 2-3 days:biggrin1: Glad I'm not in one of those crazy states that has a long waiting period.

OldLincoln
11-01-2011, 10:50 AM
I hate the 10 day waiting period here in CA but that does stop the impulse buying. Of course in CA they don't actually DO the background check, especially in 10 days (takes them that long to scratch their behind). Now they are taking the money received from background checks and giving it to illegal aliens for school money (The Dream Act).

SyckoSmoker
11-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I hate the 10 day waiting period here in CA but that does stop the impulse buying. Of course in CA they don't actually DO the background check, especially in 10 days (takes them that long to scratch their behind). Now they are taking the money received from background checks and giving it to illegal aliens for school money (The Dream Act).
I bet it does slow down the impulse buying. Texas is falling in line right behind Cali with all that stuff and I for one won't be surprised when the state is sucked dry by too many able bodied people on the government tit. I'm not a big fan of a lot of our social programs:mad: