PDA

View Full Version : Lovin my new CM9-well maybe not so much

gilfo
11-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Well as I posted I had pretty good luck shooting my new CM9, just one failure for the slide to lock back on rd 15 of 180. Not bad I thought. I was having a problems inserting the mag but thought it may have been the Limbsaver grip. So when I got home I trimmed up the Limbsaver and found not only that it was not that but now I'm having trouble getting the mag and out!. Pressing the mag release I have to yank the mag out from the bottom and sometimes it takes quite a bit of force. Now I was looking over the other posts, so suggestions check the mag spring, measure the mag etc. I am not the worse handyman but by far not the best. I don't think I can tackle the mag spring, and don't have a guage for the mag measurement. What should I do, don't want to send it back the Kahr for repair?

Bawanna
11-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Is it hanging up right before it snaps into place. Do it pull easy once you get it past the mag catch?

Sounds like the mag catch itself is questionable. You might look down the mag well. The spring is a little leaf affair that pops into a notch in the catch itself. We've heard of at least one instance where that leave spring wasn't in the notch properly. A little tweak into the notch and all was well.

You can take the slide off, take the magazine apart and then while inserting the magazine you'll be able to see what's happening. If you determine the catch is bad Kahr would most likely send you a new one and save your gun a trip.

I'm kind of guessing here. It was ok, then got worse or was it not right from the get go?

muggsy
11-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Well as I posted I had pretty good luck shooting my new CM9, just one failure for the slide to lock back on rd 15 of 180. Not bad I thought. I was having a problems inserting the mag but thought it may have been the Limbsaver grip. So when I got home I trimmed up the Limbsaver and found not only that it was not that but now I'm having trouble getting the mag and out!. Pressing the mag release I have to yank the mag out from the bottom and sometimes it takes quite a bit of force. Now I was looking over the other posts, so suggestions check the mag spring, measure the mag etc. I am not the worse handyman but by far not the best. I don't think I can tackle the mag spring, and don't have a guage for the mag measurement. What should I do, don't want to send it back the Kahr for repair?

Your problem could be a carbon build up in the magazine well. You might try cleaning the magazine well before sending the gun back. Just a thought.

gb6491
11-03-2011, 09:26 AM
...I was having a problems inserting the mag but thought it may have been the Limbsaver grip. So when I got home I trimmed up the Limbsaver and found not only that it was not that but now I'm having trouble getting the mag and out!. Pressing the mag release I have to yank the mag out from the bottom and sometimes it takes quite a bit of force...

...I'm kind of guessing here. It was ok, then got worse...?
Check the top rear of the magazine for cracks or a broken weld.
Regards,
Greg