PDA

View Full Version : my new CM9

Drock78
11-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I absolutely love my new CM9. I followed the break-in instructions and lube diagram. NO problems so far with about 400 down the pipe so far wit 3 different brands of ammo. the only thing im having a hard time getting used to is the super long trigger and im still shooting low sometimes

Gatorbug
11-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the forum, you will get used to the trigger, and you will really like it then. Congrats on your new CM9.

JFootin
11-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the forum and to the CM9 owners club! In time, you'll get used to that trigger. A part of the problem is if you are feeling for the break like in other guns. The Kahr trigger is soooo smooth with no take up that there is no discernible break. So just learn to do a smooth quick stroke until the trigger won't go any farther, while keeping your sights lined up with the target. Somewhere near the end of that stroke, the gun will fire. But train your finger not to pre-stage or anticipate a break.

Another thing to remember is that there is no super short trigger reset like a Glock. You have to let the trigger come all the way back before you squeeze off the next shot.

TheTman
11-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Yep, like JFootin says, just give it a good long squeeze instead of trying to anticipate the break, and the accuracy will come.

Drock78
11-06-2011, 03:42 PM
thanks for the info guys. right now im doing alot of dry fire practicing to get a feel for it. i love it so far! has anyone had any luck on getting their free mag from Kahr? i faxed my info in over 3 weeks ago and havent seen anything yet.

Bill K
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the forum!

The CM9 sure seems to get a lot of good ink here on KahrTalk.

ampjeff
11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Got my CM9 a few months back and really loved it only I couldnt get used to the weight and bulk in the pocket. I only pocket carry at work normally so I traded it for a CW40 for IWB carry when off and went back to a .380 in the pocket and a spare mag for work. The CM9 is a wonderful gun but it was a little too much heft/ bulk for the method of carry I needed for it. Hope this helps someone considering this one for pocket carry.

yqtszhj
11-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Welcome. My CM9 has been excellent so far. Just like my CW9 was. the CM9's are a keeper. You're gonna find you cant do without it.

blackBART
11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Drock, I think the info said 4-6 weeks for delivery of the magazine.