PDA

View Full Version : new member, new pm9

bradleyj37
01-14-2010, 12:26 PM
new member here just wanted to introduce myself and my new pm9. took it to the range yesterday and fell in love. only one issue and will chalk it up to break in. this gun points nice fires nice and conceals even better. i usually carry my kimber tac ultra II, but i might have to sell it now that i found the kahr. i like the info i have been getting my short time on kahrtalk. thanks, brad.

In-Yo-Grill
01-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the Kahr Cult...er...uh...I mean Kahr family. Watch out though...someone here once said that Kahr pistols are like Lays potato chips...Can't have just one.

BTW, what was the "one" issue you had with the PM9?

Price
01-14-2010, 12:54 PM
I'll second that, got my first one about 3 months ago. After about 1000rds through it I feel like I have a pretty good feel for the trigger and complete faith in all that is Kahr. Already shoppin for my next one.

bradleyj37
01-14-2010, 01:45 PM
my one issue was the second round of the 7 round mag got hung up on the feed ramp. a little tap on the back of the slide chambered the round. this happened around the 100 round mark and only once so im not to worried.

deadhead1971
01-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Your photo in the first post, are those pearce grips on your 6-shot magazine? I want one of those. What is it and where did you get it? Are they made specifically for Kahrs?

TxKahr
01-14-2010, 03:22 PM
I have the same Pearce grips on mine. They were $12.95 for two and I had the guy at the LGS install one so I know how it is done. As soon as I buy another 6 rd mag, I will install the other one myself.

TxKahr

bradleyj37
01-14-2010, 03:41 PM
those are pearce grips. just got back from the range, the addition of the houge and the pearce grips make my pm9 even more comfortable in the hand. very pleased. i bought mine off of ebay for 10 bucks and free shipping.

mx5fan
01-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Welcome Bradley,

Yep, these little PM9's are keepers and you'll find that the folks here are easy to get along with...kind of laid back and a nice place to talk about Kahr and the like.

Your PM9 looks like it is ready to rock and roll with your grips and pearce mag extension...:53: Lookin good!

I also bought the Pearce mag extensions on ebay, great price and a piece of cake to put on the mags. I went with the "Agrips" instead of houge, as I like the feel and grip, but your houge's also look nice.

Anyway, welcome to land 'o Kahr.

jeepster09
01-16-2010, 05:28 PM
those are pearce grips. just got back from the range, the addition of the houge and the pearce grips make my pm9 even more comfortable in the hand. very pleased. i bought mine off of ebay for 10 bucks and free shipping.

Just a tip on the Houge grip sleeve....flip it over it is more comfortable moving finger groove into better position.

NavJAG06
01-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the forum. My PM9 has fired over 500 rounds with only one failure of the slide to lock back after the mag was empty. Never a repeat after that incident and I suspect it was the round from the Winchester WB that caused the problem and not the firearm. Good luck with your new carry firearm.