PDA

View Full Version : Got my PM9 and my CCW permit.

Hognutz
11-09-2011, 01:24 PM
What a day. I got my black PM9 with night sights last Fri., and I got my concealed carry permit in todays mail. I am legal to carry concealed in the state of Wi. I never thoght that I would see the day...I am seriously stoked..Mike

JFootin
11-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Very cool, Mike! You know you've got to post some pics of that black beauty!

OldLincoln
11-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Big Congrats, Mike!

Avenger
11-09-2011, 01:35 PM
That is way cool!

Congrats.

sfla99
11-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Grats!

Time for a wally walk ;)

Cheers!

cgff
11-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Congrtaulations on the PM-9 and the receipt of the CCW
Be careful out there

Hognutz
11-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks..I will have pictures soon..

Bill K
11-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Congrats on both counts!

kayl
11-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Awesome! I'm glad that citizens can finally legally carry here!

Hognutz
11-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Kayl.. Where in S.E Wi. are you?? I am south of Waukesha..

Thunder71
11-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Congrats my Eastern neighbor!

kramm
11-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Congrats on your ccw and pistol. WI. doesn't recognize Mo ccw, yet but you can come on down here and carry.:D

Micha2u
11-10-2011, 05:30 AM
That's a pretty quick turnaround on getting your CCW permit. Did you personally hand it, as some did on November 1, in or mail it in?

I mailed mine application in on November 3rd and it seems that there was is a backlog of about 20,000 or so ahead of me as of last Monday.

Congratulations on both the Kahr and the CCW permit.

Hognutz
11-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Thanks..I mailed mine on Nov. 1. I am number 12xx. Mike

harvs12
11-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm next door in Minny and am also glad I am able to now as well....I frequent your state plenty:)

Rainman48314
11-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks..I mailed mine on Nov. 1. I am number 12xx. MikeFrom an idle mind.....

Ever wonder who got license no. 0001? Perhaps they skipped the first hundred or thousand numbers, perhaps a politician got it. I'd have paid extra.

Micha2u
11-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Interesting that you ask...it was very political and I read that #0001 went to Wisconsin Attorney General JB Van Hollen.

While he supported the CCW law, he also went out of his way to try to add some "extra" training provisions that irritated both the NRA and the legislators that passed the law. Most of these "extra" provisions were taken out last Monday after the legislative rules committee stripped them from the temporary rules that Van Hollen's Dept. of Justice put out.

The WI DOJ (that he heads) issues the permits. Van Hollen thinks he's a hero for the CCW cause in WI and deserves the honor of permit #0001. There are quite a few that disagree with that thought.

MO_Soldier
11-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Congratulations!
I too recently got my own PM9094 and my CCW. Missouri just lowered their CCW age to 21 in September and I jumped right on the bandwagon and had mine 1 week after submitting it in October.

I absolutely LOVE the fun and responsibilities I have gained. I hope you do too.

John43
11-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Nice gun, maybe Illinois will be next. I just got a CM9 and I love it.

Hognutz
11-11-2011, 12:15 PM
I hope Illinois is next. I didn't ever think that it was going to happen here. We finally got a Rep. Gov., and both sides of the legislature. That's what it took here..Good luck..Mike

vipir
11-12-2011, 05:21 AM
That's a pretty quick turnaround on getting your CCW permit. Did you personally hand it, as some did on November 1, in or mail it in?

I mailed mine application in on November 3rd and it seems that there was is a backlog of about 20,000 or so ahead of me as of last Monday.

Congratulations on both the Kahr and the CCW permit.

I mailed mine in on Nov. 2 and watching the mailbox every day, Is the anyway to check on the status?

Micha2u
11-12-2011, 08:10 PM
I checked and was told that because of the confidentiality of the CCW database no status checking on the CCW processing is available.

By the way I also heard that the total number of applications since November 1st now over 30,000. They have given themselves 45 days to clear out the initial surge and then want to cut the turnaround time to about half that time.

Like you, I'm waiting but suspect that it will be after Thanksgiving before we will get the paperwork to legally carry. You mailed your application in a day ahead of me and I would suspect that you will get yours CCW a week or so earlier. Please post here when you get yours.

TheTman
11-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Sounds like a great couple of days there Hognutz. Hope your PM9 gives you years of trouble free service.

vipir
11-13-2011, 05:51 AM
I checked and was told that because of the confidentiality of the CCW database no status checking on the CCW processing is available.

By the way I also heard that the total number of applications since November 1st now over 30,000. They have given themselves 45 days to clear out the initial surge and then want to cut the turnaround time to about half that time.

Like you, I'm waiting but suspect that it will be after Thanksgiving before we will get the paperwork to legally carry. You mailed your application in a day ahead of me and I would suspect that you will get yours CCW a week or so earlier. Please post here when you get yours.

I will keep you all posted,

OldLincoln
11-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Sometimes simple dumb luck steps in to lend a helping hand. I live just across the the county line and my county loves for responsible people to CCW. I walked in to renew and they met me with a smile and typed up stuff, took my money and I was out of there in no time. New permits take a couple weeks wait for your appointment then it goes to the state.

In the other county the sheriff is just kinda okay with the notion but the force runs very strongly against. They have a continual 5,000 person backup to get the appointment. Even renewals take forever. Oh yeah, their crime rate is very high and they jail those who defends themselves.

It's good to live on my side of the line.

Hognutz
11-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Wisconsin just started to allow concealed carry as of Nov.1st, so that's why we have such a rush of people trying to secure their permit. It will all die down in a few short months..Mike

Micha2u
11-16-2011, 05:57 AM
FYI...on Wisconsin DOJ processing of CCW applications...

As I indicated, you can not get specific information on the progress of your CCW processing status. For what it's worth, I sent in my WI CCW permit application on November 3 and I just saw that WI DOJ cashed the check and it cleared my bank on November 15. Maybe I'll have it show up in the mailbox around Thanksgiving.

For now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my CM9 in its box at home (unless I'm shooting it at the range).

MO_Soldier
11-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Those of you with long CCW waiting times, you may consider open carrying?
I did that in Missouri for 2 weeks and never had 1 issue.

kayl
11-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Those of you with long CCW waiting times, you may consider open carrying?
I did that in Missouri for 2 weeks and never had 1 issue.

Open Carry in a car in Wisconsin is difficult at best; you basically need to leave the gun on the dash the whole time. The other option is to unload, case, etc each time you get into the car.

Not to mention that most of the stores in the Milwaukee metro area will a) freak at the sight of a gun and b) call police to have them ask you to leave :)

MO_Soldier
11-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Oh, sorry to hear that. That makes me thankful to live in such a pro gun state! I open carried EVERYWHERE. Went shopping to Walmart, Gordman's, etc...
As for vehicles, our castle doctrine covers us there! Thank God for that piece of legislature.

vipir
11-18-2011, 06:15 PM

I just received my permit in the mail today, maybe yours will be in your mailbox tomorrow?

Hognutz
11-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Congrats on the permit. Mike

Micha2u
11-19-2011, 07:33 AM
I just received my permit in the mail today, maybe yours will be in your mailbox tomorrow?

Good news and congratulations on receiving your CCW! With some luck, mine shouldn't be too far behind.

sierrajb
11-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Way to go, Mike! I earned my CC license last October, then bought the Ruger SP101 for $250 from a grandmother who never shot it. Word got out that I was shopping around for a good small 9mm, and a good friend (gun collector) in my church presented me with a brand new PM9 as a gift! Love the PM9, and love having my CCL. Glad to have you join the ranks.

Hognutz
11-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks, Sierra..Wi. is new to the CC game. It just became legal at the beginning of Nov. I've got a couple of hundred rounds through my PM9 (flawless, I might add) and love the heck out of it. Hope to get a chance to shoot some more this weekend. The weather is going to go south here anyday. I shoot in my backyard, so I want to get it broke in without standing in a snowbank..The brass is also hard to find that way. LOL. Mike