PDA

View Full Version : Zero A CM9

pur4
11-10-2011, 11:59 PM
I bought a CM9 and recently realized that the rear sight isn't really centered to the slide. Does anyone here have the same problem? For those that have the same problem do you leave it alone or you use a punch to adjust the sight? I really want to adjust it so it's centered on the slide but I'm afraid I'll scratch the slide. Just a thought though could kahr arms have done this on purpose because it was the most accurate? Hope you guys can help.

Rainman48314
11-11-2011, 12:03 AM
I bought a CM9 and recently realized that the rear sight isn't really centered to the slide. Does anyone here have the same problem? For those that have the same problem do you leave it alone or you use a punch to adjust the sight? I really want to adjust it so it's centered on the slide but I'm afraid I'll scratch the slide. Hope you guys can help.Here's the deal, if it shoots POA = POI now, by moving the sight, it will no longer shoot accurately. On the other hand, if you aren't hitting what you aim for, you should move the sight.

Kahr Customer Service can give you your options. Give 'em a call.

pur4
11-11-2011, 12:23 AM
wat does poa/poi mean?

SyckoSmoker
11-11-2011, 02:33 AM
wat does poa/poi mean?

Poa= point of aim... Poi= point of impact ie where the bullet holes are in the target. If your gun hits where you aim don't fool with the sight. I don't make sight adjustments with a new gun until I've put at least 100 rounds through it to make sure it's the gun shooting crooked and not me.

muggsy
11-11-2011, 06:41 AM
If your local range has a mechanical pistol rest they can tell you if your gun is shooting to point of aim by firing just a few shots. If you gun is shooting to point of aim and you are not hitting your target at point of aim you can do one of two things.You can leave the sights alone and work on proper shooting technique, or adjust the sights to compensate for your lack of skill. The former is the preferred route to go. If from testing from the rest your gun does not shoot to point of aim definitely have the sight(s) adjusted. Most good pistol ranges have the tools and skills to adjust your sights. Kahr sights are adjustable for windage (left & right) only. They are not adjustable for elevation (up and down).

pur4
11-11-2011, 07:43 PM
How many people here have a centered rear sight and is POA=POI? Also whose rear sight is not centered and is POA=POI?

Bawanna
11-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Most should be pretty much centered in the dovetail. How far off are you talking here? Nano's or a 1/4" or what?

It's all about grouping. Is the bulk of your shot group where it belongs or off to one side or the other?

If your range has a smith or like a pro shop they may have a sight pusher and they should be able to center the sight up. If not a good solid padded vise, a punch, hammer and a steady hand will get the job done.

Hognutz
11-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Both sights on my PM9 are centered, or very close to it. It shoots to POA.

TheTman
11-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Mine seem to all be off center just a hair. They all shoot to poa. I think I'd leave em alone.

pur4
11-11-2011, 10:21 PM
My sight was like about a hair or 2 off. I was at a LGS so I asked if he could center it alittle. All my handgun are centered to the slide so the rear sight being off kinda upset me alittle so now I'm real happy with my kahr except the 2 hair line scratch that is on the ploymer frame that I received from factory.

Markis82
11-12-2011, 06:05 AM
My original rear stock sight on my CM9 was as close to centered as humanly detectable and POA = POI. I replaced the front sight myself with a night sight and had the Kahr factory replace the rear with a night sight and again the sight was as centered as I can see. POA = POI on the new night sights too.

WMD
11-12-2011, 07:04 AM
My PM9 sights are cenered and it hits POA. I must admit however, I put XS Big Dots on it and it has taken me time to learn the new sight picture.