PDA

View Full Version : New Member New PM45

John Law
11-11-2011, 08:19 PM
I have been following the forum for a few months now and finally joined. I have had a PM9 for about a year and it has been flawless. It took a while to save up but 3 weeks ago I bought a PM45, black diamond finish with night sights. Unfortunately I had some issues.
I gave the gun a good cleaning but on the first range trip I had numerous failures to feed, numerous jams and on reloading with a new mag sometimes the gun would fail to strip the first round, I'd pull the trigger only to find the chamber empty. Up until this point I put 150 rounds through the gun but it was a useless effort. I gave customer service a call and had a shipping tag within the hour, so back it went for repairs. Customer service was great, it took 3 weeks and the gun just came back today.
The repair work sheet reads:
Action taken...
Polish Feed Ramp, Slide, Ejector, Magazine. Replaced Recoil Spring. Lubed.
Test Fired Good. Serviced by AB
Tomorrow I will be going to the range, hopefully my PM45 will be 100%.
I'll let you know. Oh and did I say its good to be here.

OldLincoln
11-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi John, it's good to have you here. I'm glad you have a good PM9 and am confident you will have a good PM45. Despite what Kahr said they did, I suggest you make sure the lube point 6 is well greased as is the recoil spring guide rod greased. Since you have been here a while I'm sure you've read about running them a bit wet for break in and it's really paid off for a lot of folks. Hope yours turns out that way also.

rjt123
11-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk! I did the "lurk and read" bit for a while, and I know a bunch of others have too.

I have a PM9 and a PM45 as well, and I just bet you're going to love the .45 as much (maybe more?) as the 9mm. Kahr CS has a pretty good rep, from what I've gathered. They'll make it right.

When the PM45 is running right (shot both of my Kahrs earlier today) it is just a ton of fun. Lots of boom in a little package, ya know?

Anyway, welcome again, and let us know how the repaired pistol runs!

FLBri
11-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Welcome, JL, to the forum. My ears are perked as I am looking for a .45 myself.
BTW, where in Florida are you. I am near Gainesville.

John Law
11-12-2011, 10:24 AM
FlBri I live in Palm Coast.

JohnR
11-12-2011, 11:23 AM
A bit far from Jax, or I'd be begging to try it out.

John Law
11-12-2011, 11:41 AM
John R
I was planning on calling Kahr on Monday for a shipping label to send it back a second time for repair.
I just posted my second range report, but if you are still interested in shooting it let me know, maybe after it comes back from Kahr. I shoot at the FOP range in St Augustine which is mid way between us. JL

JohnR
11-13-2011, 07:00 AM
If I happen to be heading down that way I'll give you a shout, thanks.