PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Pin moving

Gottabkiddin
01-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Anyone notice the trigger pin moving after a few hundred rounds?

Ol'coot
01-15-2010, 09:34 AM

You don't state what gun your referencing but I have over a 1000 rounds through my PM9 with no issues on the trigger pin

jfrey
01-15-2010, 09:40 AM
No, no movement in mine.

getsome
01-15-2010, 10:56 AM
There have been cases where the pin will start backing out on the polymer framed guns...The cure seems to be to super glue or epoxy glue it and push it back in with a small punch or tool and it should never come out again...

Gottabkiddin
01-15-2010, 11:26 AM
There have been cases where the pin will start backing out on the polymer framed guns...The cure seems to be to super glue or epoxy glue it and push it back in with a small punch or tool and it should never come out again...

Cool, yes sorry I didn't mention the particular pistol I was referencing. I'll try the superglue trick. Thanks for the info!

Vinikahr
01-15-2010, 02:01 PM

Is this the new PM9 you indicated in another thread? If yes, you should contact Kahr.

ripley16
01-15-2010, 02:18 PM
I'd suggest a call to Kahr first.

I'd also suggest use of Loctite over super glue as it's a little less permanent.

Gottabkiddin
01-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Is this the new PM9 you indicated in another thread? If yes, you should contact Kahr.

No, I have a CW9 that I modified by converting it to a covert model, but that's the only Kahr I have right now. I'm not really sure the pin has moved for that matter. I saw a thread at another site that I frequent and I checked mine and it felt like it could've moved a little, but I could be wrong. I was just trying to see if it was problem that some of you folks here might know more about. I see "getsome" said that it's not unheard of, so I'll keep my eye on it after and during my next range session.

Thanks Gents!

GBK

Vinikahr
01-15-2010, 04:52 PM
No, I have a CW9 that I modified by converting it to a covert model, but that's the only Kahr I have right now. I'm not really sure the pin has moved for that matter. I saw a thread at another site that I frequent and I checked mine and it felt like it could've moved a little, but I could be wrong. I was just trying to see if it was problem that some of you folks here might know more about. I see "getsome" said that it's not unheard of, so I'll keep my eye on it after and during my next range session.

Thanks Gents!

GBK

Yes, I meant the CW9. Hope everything works out.

Lobo_79
01-19-2010, 03:40 AM

Actually I have had this problem. Mine would slide out after 75 rounds or so and I would take a flat blade screw driver and push it back in. I also had luck using a tab of super glue around the pin after it was pushed in. That actually worked. But, I photographed the problem and emailed it to Kahr's customer service (CS). Now check out this sequence of events:

CS requested I send back my PM9 for them to look at my trigger pin.

On Tuesday, 12 Jan 10 I shipped the gun to them.

They replaced the trigger pin and I receive my gun yesterday 18 Jan 10.

I've never had to deal with their CS before, but I can tell you, I was certainly impressed.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz154/Lobo_79/PM9_Trigger_Pin.jpg