PDA

View Full Version : Private Training and tipping

Knight92
11-12-2011, 07:04 AM
I am going to do some private training at a local gun range, since I am not able to make the classes, probably just do an hour or two at a time, here is my question. Should I tip the instructor after the training time and if so how much?

muggsy
11-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Is he serving lunch? You don't tip your instructor. You shake his hand.

Avenger
11-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I don't know why you wouldn't tip if you are so inclined.

OldLincoln
11-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Some things I tip, most I don't. My barber will make time in her schedule for me on an hour's notice and I've always tipped her nicely. My auto mechanic is honest and fair and in an emergency will do the job if at all possible. None of this bring it in next Tuesday if it's broken now. I have tipped him for way above and beyond stuff but not normal maintenance. I tip waitresses a small but acceptable amount, more for great service, less for poor.

I have never tipped the range guys, or instructors. They may do a good job, but I'm just another guy and don't get anything exceptional.

Rainman48314
11-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I am going to do some private training at a local gun range, since I am not able to make the classes, probably just do an hour or two at a time, here is my question. Should I tip the instructor after the training time and if so how much?If he normally doesn't do private training and/or is juggling his schedule, I would tip after the series was over.

Quickdraw
11-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Unless something extra or special happens then, no.

jtsteiert
11-13-2011, 03:55 AM
Tipping is generally performed when you feel that you received a service above what you paid for, we tip waiters and waitresses based on how they perform as a example, same goes for carpet cleaners, moving service, mechanics, ect... Why would a instructor be any different? If you received personalized attention that exceeded your expectations and you feel inclined to tip then you should! it is your way of thanking him/her for providing exceptional service.
However, your paying for personalized one on one service so your already paying a premium price for your training, to some degree your price has a tip included in it. At my LGS group classes are one fee, one on one is a higher single person fee.

It all boils down to do what you think is right.