PDA

View Full Version : Early Christmas Present for Fresno Citizens

OldLincoln
11-18-2011, 10:31 AM
It's way overdue and with a 10 month backlog I'm hoping things get caught up real soon. Normally something like this will cause the knee jerk reaction to just approve them all and let the background check sort out the bad guys.

================
"It soon will be easier to get a concealed weapons permit from the city of Fresno [CA].

The City Council voted 5-2 on Thursday to rescind 16-year-old city requirements that citizens show "good cause" for carrying a concealed handgun – such as owning a business that handles a lot of cash or being the subject of a documented threat.

The new rules allow any citizens who are concerned with their safety to get permits as long as they are over 21 years old, are residents of the city and have no criminal record."

The article is here: The Fresno Bee (http://www.fresnobee.com/)

OldLincoln
11-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks, Tucson. I live just across the county like from them but it's a really good thing for lots of good people. Many want to carry but don't bother to apply because of the wait. It should clear out in a few months and then more will sign up.

Of course Pelosie's twin brother, Gov Twinkle Bell will cut the rest of funding for backgound checks as his way of countering it. He's already stolen the funds paid by applicants so he could help pay for college for illegals in his "Dream Act". I hope lawsuits are filed when the backlog grows to 3 or more months there.

mr surveyor
11-18-2011, 03:29 PM
with that city issued permit, is carry limited to within just the city itself?

ltxi
11-18-2011, 04:47 PM
I always did like Fresno for some reason. Guess maybe now I know why.

OldLincoln
11-18-2011, 04:53 PM
In CA, the permit is state wide, but you have to get it in the county in which you live. Each sheriff has control over that just as each state does their permits. In San Francisco only the big shot liberals get carry permits, in my county anybody without a record can as will be Fresno County.

I can carry a gun in San Francisco although I'll bet every business has a do not carry sign. The permit overrides the sign for entry but you violate trespass laws if they tell you to leave and refuse. That's a different statute that applies to all except liberal mobs like the "Occupy" thugs.

muggsy
12-16-2011, 08:56 PM
It's nice to see the city of Fresno come into compliance with the second amendment, Linc. When do you think that the rest of the state will be straightened out?

wyntrout
12-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Will they be able to carry bullets, too, and can the bullets be in the gun??

Wynn:)

Dueeast
12-18-2011, 09:36 AM
You know New Jersey sucks when it's easier to CC in Komifornia!:confused: