PDA

View Full Version : More than a Zombie Show

Barth
11-21-2011, 06:18 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-puaCyG3a9Dc/TsSPX6vKsnI/AAAAAAAAA88/do-xr_fiivA/s1600/the-walking-dead1.jpg

jfsjr66
11-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Great Show

jeepster09
11-21-2011, 06:58 PM
We are addicted.

melissa5
11-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Looks like Atlanta in the background.

Ressom
11-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Season 1 was good. Season 2 is dragging a little.

lugnut
11-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Season 1 was good. Season 2 is dragging a little.

Agreed but I am still hooked. I'm a sucker for the zombie stuff

sierrajb
11-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Maybe this is what inspired Hornady's newest marketing scheme:

http://blog.mpro7.com/Media/Default/BlogPost/blog-home/Zombie%20Max%20Ammo.jpg

beatlesfan
11-22-2011, 01:15 AM
I agree that season 2 is dragging a bit, but I still love it. Every week I get out the guns and cleaning supplies and sit down to watch it. :D

Sent from Tapatalk

Barth
11-22-2011, 03:05 AM
I agree that season 2 is dragging a bit, but I still love it. Every week I get out the guns and cleaning supplies and sit down to watch it. :D

Sent from Tapatalk

LOL! Me too

Guns, Girls, Drama, Zombies - it's a party.

getsome
11-22-2011, 10:25 AM
It is filmed in and about Atlanta....Season 1 ended with what was supposed to be the CDC headquarters exploding into a fireball but the real CDC wouldn't let them film there so the building was actually the Cobb Performing Arts Center...I really like the show and like to think of the walkers as having a strange new pandemic disease rather than being zombies which makes it more believable to me....

Season 2 is starting off a little slow and many people including the cast members were quite upset that AMC fired the producer Frank Durabont after season 1 due to his refusal of AMC's demands to back down on production costs, special effects and quality of filming...Not sure who the producer is now but you can bet the sets will be much smaller with a lot less walkers in the picture due to make up and special effects cost and number of actors involved to keep the price of production down...Leave it to executives to get something right and then screw it up pinching pennies

If God forbid we had something like a small pox epidemic happen I think it would be much like what is shown in "Walking Dead" with small groups of people banding together and moving place to place to try and escape the danger much like in the book "One Second After"...I did find it very interesting that the veterinarian who's house the group is staying at had a bunch of walkers locked in his barn until he revealed that his wife and son in law were in fact walkers but he just couldn't bring himself to kill them....

I'm going to keep watching the show and hope they maintain the good story line and see what happens...AMC signed up for 16 shows for season 2 so there is still much to happen yet....I had high hopes for the new AMC series "Hell on Wheels" because I like westerns but I just haven't been able to get into it at all...It seems AMC took all the money they were spending on Walking Dead and used it for props and costumes but forgot to write a decent script...