PDA

View Full Version : Mas Recommends CM9

Barth
11-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Glocktalk - GATE Self-Defense Forum
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
Pocket 9mm SD preference?
Mas,
Do yo have a preference in the current crop of pocket, single stack, 9mm?
Thanks
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
Mas Ayoob

Tough to beat the little polymer Kahr 9mms, and the recently introduced CM9 economy model is a particularly good deal. Service pistol accuracy in a pocket size package, more "shootable" than most of its competition. Only two caveats: make sure you follow the manufacturer's break-in protocol before carrying, and be advised that in left side pocket, bumping against wall, doorframe, etc. can depress mag release and pop magazine loose more easily than with some other models.

Personal preference, but that's what you asked for.

best,
Mas
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
Update: Are CM9s +P rated?

O'Dell
11-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Interesting! The man obviously knows of what he speaks.

Cornhusker
11-25-2011, 02:19 PM
I believe most, if not all Kahr's are +P.

Barth
11-25-2011, 02:42 PM
I believe most, if not all Kahr's are +P.

If the PM9 is, then I would think the CM9 is also.
My understanding is they very close with many interchangeable parts.

Update:
Did internet search looks like CM9 manual states the little gun is +P rated.

jocko
11-25-2011, 03:02 PM
If the PM9 is, then I would think the CM9 is also.
My understanding is they very close with many interchangeable parts.

Update:
Did internet search looks like CM9 manual states the little gun is +P rated.

are +P rated and every part in a PM9 or CM9 will intrerchange with each other. slides have identical internals--part for part, Lower section is a duplicate of the PM9 lower also

except sigthts of course, ..

jocko
11-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Interesting! The man obviously knows of what he speaks.

doubt, I question the one caveat, left pocket carry would probalby take in about any pocket semi. although I must admit I have carried my PM9 in my left pocket for over 5 years in a desantis and I am very sure I have bumped the piss out of my PM9 to and NEVER once has that magazine ever popped out. It is gonna take a direct hit to do it and one would certainly know it popped out I would think. When one thinks about this, just how many times have we even read of this happening. Many Pocket carry the cm and PM 9 and I don't catch all the posts but I just don't recall one having that happen, although it can. I don't consider that a detriment what so ever.

Ubaldo99
11-25-2011, 06:38 PM
That Mas is a smart guy. Hey, in the spirit of Thanksgiving... and "interchangeability"... and also as an interesting "social" experiment... how about all you guys with PM9's swap slides with all us lower class CM9 guys?! Just so we can see how the other half lives?! :D

Bawanna
11-25-2011, 07:27 PM
That Mas is a smart guy. Hey, in the spirit of Thanksgiving... and "interchangeability"... and also as an interesting "social" experiment... how about all you guys with PM9's swap slides with all us lower class CM9 guys?! Just so we can see how the other half lives?! :D

We can call it equal redistribution of slides. I'm sure we can create a federal agency to take care of this worthy mission.

Thunder71
11-25-2011, 08:01 PM
I lost all my guns in a boating accident, darn it anyway.

MW surveyor
11-26-2011, 05:42 AM
Thunder71 - better change your sig line to state - Lost in tragic boating accident instead of The long and short of it:

Ikeo74
11-26-2011, 07:40 AM
doubt, I question the one caveat, left pocket carry would probalby take in about any pocket semi. although I must admit I have carried my PM9 in my left pocket for over 5 years in a desantis and I am very sure I have bumped the piss out of my PM9 to and NEVER once has that magazine ever popped out. It is gonna take a direct hit to do it and one would certainly know it popped out I would think. When one thinks about this, just how many times have we even read of this happening. Many Pocket carry the cm and PM 9 and I don't catch all the posts but I just don't recall one having that happen, although it can. I don't consider that a detriment what so ever.
I think hitting the slide release would only apply if the gun was not in a holster while it was in your pocket.:crazy: