PDA

View Full Version : Another boring cm9 range report

zamboni
11-26-2011, 11:52 AM
I got my new cm9 a couple of weeks ago and finally got to shoot it today. The range has strange hours, and the girlfriend just HAD to go with me for it's first range trip...She brought her 3 guns so I really can't complain about a gf that won't let me go the the range without her.

I did all the prep in the sticky but after reading the forums for the last couple of weeks, I was a little worried about some of the problems some people have with new kahrs. Anyway, I only shot about 50 rounds of 2 different brand range ammo and it shot flawlessly. My accuracy needs a little help, but the gun shoots amazing. My thanks to all who post on here, to help a newbie learn how to take care of his new baby.

jocko
11-26-2011, 01:02 PM
keep in mind the "helping" threads u read were mjere suggestions to hel one to make his first sooting event a goodone. 99% never need to do any of the prepping stuff, but again WHY NHOT GET TO KNOW UR GUN better to. To many people who read some of the helpful threads here think all kahrs give this issues, THEY DO NOT.
But that being siad some of these guiys here have trouble shooted some piddly issues that maybe normaly one wouldjust box up the fokkiing guna nd send it back when maybe 5 minutes of alittle TLC will get it right. Hell we have seen magazines come to ownners with the springs in backwards, won't work that way, some of thesehelpful threds just suggest one to check his magaazines to be sure all is well. Is there any harm to that???absolutel;yt not.. Ur cm9 did what 99% are doing. they runb like a duracell battery..

zamboni
11-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I guess I need to learn to use the emoticons. I was so excited to shoot this gun, and extatic that it worked perfectly. I had and have nothing but faith in this gun. Heck, I had a blast over the last two weeks taking it apart, cleaning it, tweeking the mag. I titled this thread "another boring range report" because it seems that those who prep the gun have nothing but glowing reviews, like mine. This is my first time owning, cleaning, and even shooting a non revolver so that is where my nervousness came in...That and the fact that a month ago my 25 yr old marlin .22 rifle blew up in my face at the range, after I had thoroughly cleaned and oiled it:19:. It shot fine for 60 rounds, so I still don't know what happened there.

Anyway, I love the new kahr and this forum.

jocko
11-26-2011, 03:55 PM
maybe a squib load was the culprit. as u know marlins just don''t blow up for no reason..

Bawanna
11-26-2011, 04:37 PM
My wife sometimes blows up for no reason. Reckon it was a squib load?

Didn't hurt my Marlins none though so I guess theres no harm.

jocko
11-26-2011, 05:36 PM
SO DID MY WIFE. SHE IS NOW MY x-wife.

point, set, game, match