PDA

View Full Version : Is now the time to buy a CM9 ?

linksrds
12-01-2011, 08:17 AM
I know we really don't need an excuse to purchase a new Kahr but I saw that Bud's has them for $386 shipping inc. That is a tempting price.

(I currently own a CW9 which has been flawless in operation since day one and a P380 which had two FTF in the first 25 rounds of the break-in period and after that, it too has been flawless and I totally trust both firearms.)

My question is this: Usually in the first production run, there are always a few "bugs" to be worked out. I have followed this section closely and saw that there are some problems with the CM9.

Would it be wise to wait for the next production run before making a purchase ?

Just looking for some "scuttlebut" of how the CM9 is doing.

Thanks for the information.

yqtszhj
12-01-2011, 08:25 AM
I passed the 650 trouble free rounds mark yesterday and am glad I got the CM9. One word of advice. Don't do what I did and trade your CW9 for the CM9 like I did because you will miss the CW9 greatly.

Glad to hear that your P380 is running good. I also shot my LCP yesterday and hate it compared to the CM9 but I do still carry the LCP 50% of the time simply due to it's size. If I could find a known good P380 for about $350 I'd get it but I know that won't happen.

Go buy that CM9. You'll like it.

MO_Soldier
12-01-2011, 08:27 AM
I don't own one, but from spending a lot of time on the forum, the overall consensus of them seems positive. I have a PM9. They have their slight differences, but I have seen few complaints about what's different. Leaving me to conclude that their similarities are reliable and consistent.

I'd wait for ol jocko, old lincoln, or bawanna to elaborate though. Oh, or Thunder71 should be able to give good input too. Those guys know their stuff.

Ikeo74
12-01-2011, 08:29 AM
The time is right and the price is right, why not jump into the CM9 now? I say go for it.:music:

John222
12-01-2011, 09:55 AM
I only have 200 rds thru mine and it's perfect. Concerning when to buy, that was yesterday. They were giving away a free 7rd mag with CM9 or CW9 purchases up to 11/30/2011. Either way, it's a great gun and a good price.

JFootin
12-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Definitely! CM9 is about the most successful new release that Kahr has had. Go for it!

Thunder71
12-01-2011, 10:07 AM
The only downside to the CM9 is the sights in my opinion, they are pinned instead of dovetail. For the most part it doesn't seem to be an issue, but there have been reports of them breaking off.

The other issues seem to have been minor, such as shipping with the wrong length recoil spring which is an easy fix (cut it).

In my opinion, the price is phenomenal for the gun... you'll appreciate owning it every day.

Cornhusker
12-01-2011, 10:11 AM
IMHO, anytime is the time.

Bawanna
12-01-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't see it as a gamble at all. It's a PM9 that only lacks a few cosmetics which many actually prefer. So it's not really a whole new concept. The bottom half is the same.

If you end up with issues (not likely) Kahr will make it right if we can't do some minor tweaks right here. Also unlikely.

In spite of what some recent trolls were spreading Kahrs CS is really second to none. They will take care of you.

I say go forth and buy. If they have a buy one get one free, I'm your wingman.

MLESa7990
12-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Just saw on kahr.com...'CM40 shipping soon'...hmm now you'll have a decision lol

as a side note: that new 'All American" model they have pictured is smokin hott!

yqtszhj
12-01-2011, 11:21 AM
as a side note: that new 'All American" model they have pictured is smokin hott!

:2eek: WOW. SMOKIN!! :biggrin1:

CM40... I'm thinking I know what may be next on my list.

kayl
12-01-2011, 11:26 AM
CheaperThanDirt had the CM9s for closer to $350 last I saw! :)

Thunder71
12-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Plus shipping and FFL fees... brings it closer to $400 or more.

Bawanna
12-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Just saw on kahr.com...'CM40 shipping soon'...hmm now you'll have a decision lol

Hopefully the CM45 won't be far behind.

jeffe007
12-03-2011, 05:11 AM
I'm over 500 trouble free rounds now. At first it was a pita as the cocking cam spring broke. Now tho it's all graaaaavy!

WMD
12-03-2011, 05:17 AM
Under $400?? That sounds like a really good deal for the CM9. I have not been following prices and do not know what they normally go for. BUt that sounds like a great price for basically a PM9 with out make up! :D

jocko
12-03-2011, 06:03 AM
well now ain't that a hoot!!! We now have a cm40 coming into the scene. Take a breatdh guys the cm45 has to be in the works. Good news for kahr, goodnews for kahr owners..

Markis82
12-03-2011, 06:48 AM
For what it is worth...
I think the Davidson's (http://www.galleryofguns.com/default.aspx) is much better than Bud's. They might be a few dollars more than Bud's but 1) From Davidson's you receive a complete bottom line price including everything. You pay Davidson's a small deposit. Then, pay the balance to your gun shop at pick-up. 2) Ordering process is easier and you pick the best price and gun shop from their list of dealers. 3) Bud's prices are for cash sales. They charge you more to use your credit card. 4) Bud's shipping can be slow. You might wait a day or a week for them to ship. Davidson's ships within a day or two. 5) Lifetime guarantee. If anything ever goes wrong with your gun, Davidson's will replace it free of charge within 24 hours. Bud's will not do anything like that. In fact, they will not help you once you have left the gun shop with your purchase. I've heard good things about Bud's. But, I've heard horror stories about them too. I have never heard 1 negative thing about a purchase from Davidson's. All that said, yes get a CM9. No reason to wait. It is a great gun!!! You will not be sorry.

mfldmike
12-03-2011, 08:11 AM
I know I'm new, and this is my first post but I just wanted to say that I ordered my CM9 yesterday! My local gunshop is getting it on Tuesday. Also when searching, make sure you order the "CM9" and not the "CW9" which is cheaper but also slightly bigger...

cgff
12-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Yes get a CM9, And the price seems right, I bought mine about a month or so ago and other then 1 nose dive in 400+ rounds it is great, great for CCW. Remember the Tech section here, (clean and lube)
I was a little apprehensive at first and explained my concerns with the dealer I was purchasing from and he said he would help make it right. My major concern was the ability to send and receive the pistol back if it had to go to the manufacture this is due to my varrying work schedule.
Oh the dealer I purchased from I have been dealing with for a quite a while

CM9 !!

mfldmike
12-03-2011, 08:34 AM
I'd agree, to me...the CM9 feels right. It literally fits like a glove, and since WI is CCW friendly it make sense to buy this instead of other offerings like:

SR9C
LC9
PF9

Micha2u
12-03-2011, 09:55 AM
For what it is worth...
I think the Davidson's (http://www.galleryofguns.com/default.aspx) is much better than Bud's...

For what it's worth I agree with Markis82 on Davidson's Gallery of Guns.

Using my credit card and having my CM9 delivered to my local gun shop the next day was worth the $20 difference in price. Plus, as was indicated, a Lifetime Guarantee to back up the deal iced it for me.

rjt123
12-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Hopefully the CM45 won't be far behind.

+1!!! :hungry:

yqtszhj
12-03-2011, 10:51 AM
I know I'm new, and this is my first post but I just wanted to say that I ordered my CM9 yesterday! My local gunshop is getting it on Tuesday. Also when searching, make sure you order the "CM9" and not the "CW9" which is cheaper but also slightly bigger...

Welcome to the party. Look at the lube abd prep of a new kahr sticky and let us know how it goes. If you have any inital issues (which you probably won't) just check in. Probably nothing that we can't help with.

Clean it up and prep it good before your first range trip and you should have nothing but fun.

Hognutz
12-03-2011, 11:06 AM
I'd agree, to me...the CM9 feels right. It literally fits like a glove, and since WI is CCW friendly it make sense to buy this instead of other offerings like:

SR9C
LC9
PF9
Did i ever tell you about my "weird" Uncle Harold. He was born with five peters.

His pants fit like a glove!! Mike :behindsofa:

cjive134
12-03-2011, 02:13 PM
I have seen around $350 shipped on cheaper than dirt. Mine was $363 and with shipping it came to $375. Look on cheaper than dirt first.

mfldmike
12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
I got screwed...I should've check elsewhere first! Mine was $429 without any of the FFL fees! Also, I literally purchased mine yesterday but I noticed the "free" extended magazine offer. Does anything think that Kahr would honor that even though it's past the terms?

Thanks for the advice, I already read the "prep & lube" for a new Kahr...

MLESa7990
12-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Does anything think that Kahr would honor that even though it's past the terms?

Can't hurt to ask them.

hoghunter
12-03-2011, 06:41 PM
I bought mine a few days before the free mag offer. I sent all my stuff in, but a couple months later and still no mag. I guess it was a no go on a free mag for the hoghunter!!

mfldmike
12-03-2011, 06:52 PM
I'll call them Monday and see if they'll honor it. That would save me a little cash, and make up for some of the difference that my local gunshop charge me for.

JFootin
12-03-2011, 08:01 PM
I'll call them Monday and see if they'll honor it. That would save me a little cash, and make up for some of the difference that my local gunshop charge me for.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. I think they were overwhelmed by the promotion and are glad it is over. No telling how long it is still going to take them to ship all those mags.