PDA

View Full Version : CW45 Owners Please Share

RiskPro
01-18-2010, 10:02 PM
I am a CW-9 owner and absolutely love this firearm as a CCW

Have the op to procure a CW-45 but concerned about the recoil. I know this is relative to experience, training, loads, etc. But I was hoping to hear your thoughts regardless.

I have owned/fired Springfield 1911 Standard before with no problems but there is a significant difference between that and the CW-45. The only other comparison I have is a G-27 in .40 but that's also very different.

That said, what do you think recoil-wise and all the way around??

Thanks

Price
01-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Well as you know these things can be pretty subjective but for me personally the cw45 recoil is very manageable. I have put about 1500 rds through my cw45 and I really never minded the recoil from the beginning. That being said my previous primary pistol was a S&W mp9mm that I traded in toward my cw45 so that should reaaly let you know that the recoil is very different yes, but I think it is very manageable. Most of my rds through mine have been 230 gr remington umc and a few have been hornady critical defense. The cd rds definetly had a bit more recoil, not something I would wanto to shoot 200 rds of in one day, but for defense they are my choice. As a whole I have been extremely happy with the cw45 it is my first kahr and I am nothing short of in love with kahr as a whole so maybe that is why I love the thing so much.

Vinikahr
01-18-2010, 10:59 PM
I have not shoot mine yet, but at glocktalk kahr sub-forums(which I am member) is also the understanding that the recoil is quite manageable. I have several 45 ACP in my arsenal, so I guess in a way the recoil may not be an issue at least for me, then I would not worry about that in a scenario where you would have to defend yourself, because recoil would be the least of your worries, also this firearms are not intended as a range gun(even lots of people have reported long use of them without issues) I will report back as soon as I have a chance to shoot mine. :86:

Dobieman
01-19-2010, 06:53 AM
The design of this gun makes it very manageable IMO.
Grip is long enough to get all your fingers on it and the bore sits low in the gun.

getsome
01-19-2010, 10:17 AM
I have a CW40 and from what others have said the .40 s&w round has more recoil than either 9mm or .45 acp....Mine had more muzzle flip than recoil so I sent it off to Mag-na-Port and now it shoots like a dream...about like .38 special in a snub revolver, maybe even less....Go ahead and get the .45, shoot it amd see if it bothers you and if so get it ported, it works!!!

500KV
01-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Just put another hundred rounds through my CW45 and CW40 today.
The 40 definitely has more recoil than the 45 BTW.

I shot the 45 first and it was relatively tame compared to the 40. First time I've actually shot the two together and was really surprised at the comparative difference.
Then put 30 rounds through the PM9 and it was like shooting a .22.

I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with a CW45...sweet shooter and concealable as well.
My problem, as usual, continues to be... "Too many choices".:music:

Longitude Zero
01-19-2010, 02:57 PM
I have shot both the CW40 and the CW45. The 40 has more muzzled flip and the 45 makes a louder and deeper boom. I love the CW45 and recoil is no big deal.

LZ

gunmut
02-02-2010, 07:38 PM
the recoil from the CW45 is not a problem; less then the P40 I have.
I have shot about 500 rounds thru my CW45s and they have been good to go.