PDA

View Full Version : Finally found one....

melissa5
12-08-2011, 05:45 PM
and it bit me. :( I'm talking about my new Kel Tec Sub 2000. It's really fun to shoot, but watch out for the charging handle. It's really stiff and easy to get the web of your hand caught between it and the bolt tube. I've found an accessory that covers the bolt tube and looks like it makes it just about impossible to pinch your hand. I'm willing to try it for $13.50.

Now I've got to find a deep dish pizza box to hide it in. Or a Depends box. Maybe no one would break into my truck to steal a box of Depends. LOL

http://www.survival-spot.com/survival-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/kel_su2000.jpg

LaP
12-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Are they as reliable and fun to shoot as written up in the gun mags?

An open and old crumpled Depends box should be the ultimate car storage device.:eek:

Bawanna
12-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Well you go girl. You've been on the hunt for one of them for quite a spell it seems like.

Asthetically is has absolutely nothing going for it, no soul like a Glock but it does look right handy for all things business like and folds up nice and compact.

I like the depends box idea alot, I can send you some if you want. All the horse heads Jocko sends me come in Depends boxes. I'm not sure what's up with that. I know his wife works at Wally World maybe she just brings home boxes and they happen to all be Depends. Could happen.

We miss you when your quiet so please make some noise loud and often.

melissa5
12-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Are they as reliable and fun to shoot as written up in the gun mags?

An open and old crumpled Depends box should be the ultimate car storage device.:eek:

I ran 50 reloads through it without any problems and yes, it was loads of fun. I wanted it for its ability to fold for easy storage and to share mags with my 9mm Glocks. I've got three 33-rounds mags loaded and ready for it. :D

melissa5
12-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Well you go girl. You've been on the hunt for one of them for quite a spell it seems like.

Asthetically is has absolutely nothing going for it, no soul like a Glock but it does look right handy for all things business like and folds up nice and compact.

I like the depends box idea alot, I can send you some if you want. All the horse heads Jocko sends me come in Depends boxes. I'm not sure what's up with that. I know his wife works at Wally World maybe she just brings home boxes and they happen to all be Depends. Could happen.

We miss you when your quiet so please make some noise loud and often.

I wasn't really looking for one today and just happened to mention it to a salesman at my LGS. I already knew they didn't have one, but he said to let him call a buddy of his. His buddy just happened to have just gotten one in. I talked to him and asked him to hold it for me and that I could be there in 15 minutes. I wasn't about to let it get away. Especially since it was $349 + tax. That's less than what I've seen them on gunbroker and Buds. Jfootin tipped me off to the auction that Buds had recently and theirs sold for $475 or more. Didn't want one THAT bad.

OK, sugar! I will try to be more vocal. :eek:

TriggerMan
12-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I wasn't really looking for one today and just happened to mention it to a salesman at my LGS. I already knew they didn't have one, but he said to let him call a buddy of his. His buddy just happened to have just gotten one in. I talked to him and asked him to hold it for me and that I could be there in 15 minutes. I wasn't about to let it get away. Especially since it was $349 + tax. That's less than what I've seen them on gunbroker and Buds. Jfootin tipped me off to the auction that Buds had recently and theirs sold for $475 or more. Didn't want one THAT bad.

OK, sugar! I will try to be more vocal. :eek:Last flyer from CDNN had some in stock at $299

TheTman
12-08-2011, 06:49 PM
OMG, you mean that evil thing accepts "assault clips". No little girls in your neighborhood will be safe now. Someone call Sarah Brady quick!

Seriously, looks like a fun little gizmo. How is the accuracy? One of those padded cases from Harbour freight would make a good little case for it. Don't know how attractive that would be to theives though. Have fun!

melissa5
12-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Last flyer from CDNN had some in stock at $299

Yeah, I called about those a few weeks ago. They didn't have any.

Not sure about accuracy. In someone elses hands, they may be very accurate. I will say that my 25 yard target was a lot better with the Sub2k than with one of my Glocks.

Armybrat
12-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Wouldn't mind gettin' my mitts on one of those new 14+1 shotguns Kel-tec keeps teasing everybody with.

CJB
12-08-2011, 07:56 PM
There will be a KSG in Melissa's future, I'm positive!

OldLincoln
12-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I called about those a few weeks ago. They didn't have any.
Heck, when I'm out of stock I sell them for $99.99. Oh, I don't take rain checks. :rolleyes:

melissa5
12-08-2011, 08:31 PM
There will be a KSG in Melissa's future, I'm positive!

Nah! I don't like shotguns, but that one looks really cool.