https://www.frontsight.com/newsletter/html/04-free-gun.asp

whats the catch?

LaP
12-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Page down. Here's the deal:

That's $3,400 in Real Value!

So What is it Going to Cost You?

Only $1,499.
This is over a 2:1 Exchange in Your Favor!

Not a bad deal, but it sure sounded like he was "Giving away" a gun to sign up for training.:cool:

TheTman
12-08-2011, 06:32 PM
The catch is it's way out in the middle of nowhere about an hour away from Las Vegas, They have better deals, I got the 4 day course, without the gun for $70. He was offering the course WITH the gun for $100 earlier this year. As far as I know it's all on the up and up, of course they are going to try to sell you all kinds of crap when you get there, like the "free 3 night" condo deals, but you are supposed to get all the classes that the other people do. Once he gets you there he tries to sell lifetime memeberships and all kinds of crap. And you'll get a ton of spam. He'll try to get you to sign up for the 30 state CC permit from Florida, for another couple hundred, and who knows what all. I haven't been yet, my brother is going too and we can't settle on a date to do it.

Tilos
12-08-2011, 08:45 PM
That sounds like a Florida time share...
Pick you up in a limo and won't take you back, or anywhere else until you buy something.
If you don't buy, no limo, no cab, no bus, they just tell you to leave, out the back door, if you can find it.
Tilos

knkali
12-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Page down. Here's the deal:

That's $3,400 in Real Value!

So What is it Going to Cost You?

Only $1,499.
This is over a 2:1 Exchange in Your Favor!

Not a bad deal, but it sure sounded like he was "Giving away" a gun to sign up for training.:cool:

At the bottom of the page he says it includes a gun too

knkali
12-08-2011, 09:31 PM
The catch is it's way out in the middle of nowhere about an hour away from Las Vegas, They have better deals, I got the 4 day course, without the gun for $70. He was offering the course WITH the gun for $100 earlier this year. As far as I know it's all on the up and up, of course they are going to try to sell you all kinds of crap when you get there, like the "free 3 night" condo deals, but you are supposed to get all the classes that the other people do. Once he gets you there he tries to sell lifetime memeberships and all kinds of crap. And you'll get a ton of spam. He'll try to get you to sign up for the 30 state CC permit from Florida, for another couple hundred, and who knows what all. I haven't been yet, my brother is going too and we can't settle on a date to do it.

is there a typo in you post? Do you mean $1000 and $700

OldLincoln
12-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I "don't get" these kinds of deals. The last great deal I got was the $50 Showtime Knife set from a TV ad. They really are good knives and mt wife bought a "pretty" 4 knife set paying more than that.

What I don't get is pricing the kit at $4000. I wouldn't want most of the stuff anyway and they must think a lot of their stuff to price it that high. I'd guess less than half that.

A better deal for me might be the $2000 training course, the $500 3 state CCW course including fingerprints, etc., and the $600 gun. That's a $3100 value and at a 3:1 break makes it $1000 my price. Bet you won't see that one any time soon.

PS: I know 3:1 of 3100 is really $1033.33, but they say 3:1 of $4000 is $1500 when it is really $1333.33 so up theirs.

LaP
12-08-2011, 10:48 PM
At the bottom of the page he says it includes a gun too

It's a Springfield XD.... worth about $600. That leaves $900 for the training.
I'm still not impressed enough to call'em up and make reservations.

zamboni
12-08-2011, 11:54 PM
$500 value for his CCW course? I paid $60 here in FL. He would have lost me as a customer right there, if I had any interest to begin with.