Barth
12-10-2011, 06:40 PM
I just got my S&W 640-1.
Added:
Stainless steel trigger assembly
Professional trigger job
XS Systems Big Dot front sight
Compac grips

So I'm browsing used guns as usual and what do I run across?
Ruger SP101 used, but never shot, for $300.00!

It's just not right....
http://www.colemantyler.com/prodimages/ksp821-c.jpg

Oh, online I ran across new CM9s $350.
That hurts - LOL!

I'm still holding out for now.......

tv_racin_fan
12-10-2011, 06:59 PM
I'll take it...

mightymouse
12-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Once you buy, never look back.

TheTman
12-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I saw my CW45 going for 322 the other day and flipped out a little, then I thought, about all the comfort and shooting enjoyment I had got from it during the months I've had it, and settled back down. It's a lot like buying a new computer or other electronic item. Just as soon as you purchase it, it will be on sale sometime in the next month for less than what you paid. I just don't look at the ads for awhile and enjoy it, unless I have a price guarantee, then have to go through the hassle of going back to the store, showing the competitor's ad, and getting the refund, which may or may not be worth it.

MW surveyor
12-10-2011, 08:48 PM
So where did you see the CM9s for 350?

JFootin
12-10-2011, 09:18 PM

http://palmettostatearmory.com/

Cokeman
12-10-2011, 09:41 PM
I didn't see any CM9s on that site.

MW surveyor
12-10-2011, 10:08 PM
That was a CW9 on the site. :31:

Barth
12-11-2011, 12:10 AM

cheaperthandirt

I just looked again and they sold out already.
Go figure LOL!

I've got seven handguns already and my car SUCKS!
It's Tacoma time summer of 2012 for me.

Sig P220/45 ACP
Sig P239/357 Sig
Glock EXO G27/40 with G33/357 barrel/mags
Kahr MK40 Elite/40 S&W
S&W 629-2 Mountain gun/44 Mag
S&W 640-1/357 Mag
S&W 342 ti/38+P

MW surveyor
12-11-2011, 05:22 AM
Well that figures! Probably "We've got only one at this price, so hurry on down!

KennyFSU
12-11-2011, 05:33 AM
Don't feel bad, guns are for buying! Happy trigger days.

WMD
12-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Yikes! $300 for an unfired SP101? I just paid (a few months ago) $460 for a brand new SP101 for my wife, and I thought I did OK. I wish I could have seen that back then. If I didn't already have 2 SP's I would be snagging that one up. Then again, what caliber is it? I would only be interested in .357.

jocko
12-11-2011, 06:21 AM
u "hubbys are real cool I BOUGHT MY WIFE THIS AND i BOUGHT MY WIFE THAT!!! Yup I bought my wife a new 2011 HarleyStreetlglide which of the 10Kmiles on it, I probably put 5K on it. I bought her a New Porsche a few years back (license plate HER TOY) OF WHICH i PUT ABOUT 90% OF THE MILES ON IT. now I did buy her a new sweeper which I have not touched. Oh yes I bought her a Kahr K9 3 years ago, which she has never shot BUT I SURE HAVE. yup u guys are really cool. One learns alot from reading these forums!!!!

JFootin
12-11-2011, 06:31 AM
I didn't see any CM9s on that site.

That was a CW9 on the site. :31:

Sorry, guys. It was getting late and I though I read 'CW9'. But Palmetto State Armory is a store worth watching for some fantastic deals. They'll have some CM9s at a good price as soon as they can get them.

muggsy
12-11-2011, 07:12 AM
I just got my S&W 640-1.
Added:
Stainless steel trigger assembly
Professional trigger job
XS Systems Big Dot front sight
Compac grips

So I'm browsing used guns as usual and what do I run across?
Ruger SP101 used, but never shot, for $300.00!

It's just not right....
http://www.colemantyler.com/prodimages/ksp821-c.jpg

Oh, online I ran across new CM9s $350.
That hurts - LOL!

I'm still holding out for now.......

Celebrating the birth of Christ does not blow.

Barth
12-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Yikes! $300 for an unfired SP101? I just paid (a few months ago) $460 for a brand new SP101 for my wife, and I thought I did OK. I wish I could have seen that back then. If I didn't already have 2 SP's I would be snagging that one up. Then again, what caliber is it? I would only be interested in .357.

357 Mag baby and it looks flawless NIB perfect.
I'm really having a hard time not picking it up.

My S&W 640-1 is pulling a Amy Winehouse and saying
No No No!

Barth
12-11-2011, 07:59 AM

Not really that for me....
It's just a day to buy gifts - that's all.

JFootin
12-11-2011, 08:06 AM
357 Mag baby and it looks flawless NIB perfect.
I'm really having a hard time not picking it up.

My S&W 640-1 is pulling a Amy Winehouse and saying
No No No!

Dang, Barth! Get it and flip it. You could make more than twice what it is going for. That is, IF you can let go of it once you have it! :)

Barth
12-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Dang, Barth! Get it and flip it. You could make more than twice what it is going for. That is, IF you can let go of it once you have it! :)

They are going for $499 here new.
$300 is a super deal. But I don't generally flip guns.
I'd keep it.
And already have one 5 shot stainless 357 snub nose.

If I was still looking for a S&W 640-1 and ran across this?
I'd be posting picks of my new SP101 - LOL!

JFootin
12-11-2011, 08:42 AM
They are going for $499 here new.
$300 is a super deal. But I don't generally flip guns.
I'd keep it.
And already have one 5 shot stainless 357 snub nose.

If I was still looking for a S&W 640-1 and ran across this?
I'd be posting picks of my new SP101 - LOL!

LOL! I understand. I have to try to feed my gun interest on a Disability income. I'm right now adding a new S&W Model 638 Airweight Bodyguard from Bud's. I found an experienced gunsmith locally who will do a trigger job for $40, and I am waiting for Bawanna to make me a checkered wood grip in the same shape as the Uncle Mike's Boot grip that comes on the gun. It will work better for pocket carry, not sticking in the pocket like the rubber grip would. And besides, it will look great and I just have to have a Bawanna custom grip! :yo:

Here is a pic of what I'm wanting...

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/image020g.jpg

Barth
12-11-2011, 08:52 AM
LOL! I understand. I have to try to feed my gun interest on a Disability income. I'm right now adding a new S&W Model 638 Airweight Bodyguard from Bud's. I found an experienced gunsmith locally who will do a trigger job for $40, and I am waiting for Bawanna to make me a checkered wood grip in the same shape as the Uncle Mike's Boot grip that comes on the gun. It will work better for pocket carry, not sticking in the pocket like the rubber grip would. And besides, it will look great and I just have to have a Bawanna custom grip! :yo:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/image020g.jpg

I like Eagle Black Onyx polymer Secret Service grips myself.
Very slick and flat in the pocket!
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo01/43/c1/4fea5ab317a6__1322345794000.jpghttps://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo10/40/6d/2f91bc77e62d__1310338634000.jpeg

BTW had trigger jobs on both guns.
Smith used Wilson combat lower power springs and I was getting light
primer strikes on Golden Sabers.
Got Extra power hammer springs for both guns and now they treat ammo like an ex-wife.

The trick is lower the trigger spring power and leave the hammer alone.
Or go extra power on the hammer spring.
I can't feel any difference at all with the light trigger and extra power hammer springs.
For SD it' seems like a wise decision.

JFootin
12-11-2011, 10:13 AM
I like Eagle Black Onyx polymer Secret Service grips myself.
Very slick and flat in the pocket!
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo01/43/c1/4fea5ab317a6__1322345794000.jpghttps://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo10/40/6d/2f91bc77e62d__1310338634000.jpeg

BTW had trigger jobs on both guns.
Smith used Wilson combat lower power springs and I was getting light
primer strikes on Golden Sabers.
Got Extra power hammer springs for both guns and now they treat ammo like an ex-wife.

The trick is lower the trigger spring power and leave the hammer alone.
Or go extra power on the hammer spring.
I can't feel any difference at all with the light trigger and extra power hammer springs.
For SD it' seems like a wise decision.

Well, I like the black onyx, too, but I need some checkering. That pic is of an Eagle grip, but the current design turns the diamond shaped uncheckered area over the grip screw horizontal, which I don't like. So, I am asking Bawanna to pattern the checkering like that pic.

I must get the DA pull lightened. The problem is that my hands are partly paralyzed and I simply cannot pull the DA trigger on a new gun. How much lighter is it with your mods? I was thinking maybe a one step lighter hammer spring from Wolff Springs, as well as a lighter trigger spring and polish of all surfaces. But I will explain what I need to the very experienced smith, and let him decide what it will take. I don't need it way much lighter, and I don't want light strikes and no bang. But I must be able to pull that DA trigger without fail, keeping SA as an option, given time to kock it. The Bodyguard looks like a hump back whale, but I like having that smooth, rounded shroud to guide the heel of my weak hand when kocking the hammer. Plus, it helps avoid snags when pocket carrying. I know you like the DA only ones with the hidden hammers, but I want the SA option. And I will get used to the look as time passes. :p

Thanks for the advice! :)

Bawanna
12-11-2011, 11:57 AM

You gonna be wanting a S&W Medallion in them boot grips Jfootin? Iffen so you prefer silver or gold. I'll start looking for some, I knew I should have got a few when I got the last set for jeepster. Boy am I dumb.

jocko
12-11-2011, 12:14 PM
those are sure some purdy grips though.

JFootin
12-11-2011, 12:17 PM
You gonna be wanting a S&W Medallion in them boot grips Jfootin? Iffen so you prefer silver or gold. I'll start looking for some, I knew I should have got a few when I got the last set for jeepster. Boy am I dumb.

Silver. But if it is too much trouble, they'll be fine without them. :) Though I'll try and keep it looking nice, that 638 is going to be my go everywhere gun, and it will probably spend a lot of the time in my pocket. Those wood grips are going to make it much easier to handle and draw from my pocket. Of course, I could use it as a BUG to my CM9, too. :D

jlottmc
12-11-2011, 12:18 PM
That bodyguard style will give you problems pulling that hammer back. I have my Taurus 605/651 or whichever model is like that with the blued finish. Many people have a hard time getting enough purchase to pull that hammer. So you know.

mser
12-11-2011, 12:43 PM

Agreed

JFootin
12-11-2011, 12:44 PM
That bodyguard style will give you problems pulling that hammer back. I have my Taurus 605/651 or whichever model is like that with the blued finish. Many people have a hard time getting enough purchase to pull that hammer. So you know.

SYFH, take it as you will.:001_tt2:

Thanks! We'll see. I won't be using my strong thumb. I'll be swiping it with the heel of my weak hand, pressing firmly against that smooth shield. Plus, with the trigger job, it should be easier. If it turns out to be a problem, I'll sell it and get a 637.

BTW, what does "SYFH" stand for?

muggsy
12-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Not really that for me....
It's just a day to buy gifts - that's all.

You're missing the reason for the season. The giving of gifts comes from the story of the three wise men bearing gifts for the Christ child. It's a time of celebration.

Barth
12-11-2011, 01:39 PM
You're missing the reason for the season. The giving of gifts comes from the story of the three wise men bearing gifts for the Christ child. It's a time of celebration.

Trying really hard to be nice my friend.
It's not that for me....

Bawanna
12-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Lets leave the questionable thread title as just that and stick with gun talk.

Christmas is what it is to different folks. I would enjoy the season much much more if it wasn't so commercialized and stayed more as just a celebration myself but that's just me.

For years I've told my family that it doesn't have to be Christmas for me to buy them something if I know they want it and I got the funds to buy it. Rather than having to spend money on something they may or may not want just because theres a tree that needs packages under it.

Popeye
12-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Agreed Bawanna lets keep it civil there is no reason to start something that would only cause ill feelings.

jocko
12-11-2011, 02:37 PM
agree, religion and politics seems to bring out the best and worst in some of us. I tend to wantto reply but also after counmting to ten, I opt to shut the fokk up to.

jlottmc
12-11-2011, 03:32 PM
It's an old chief's curse/term of endearment Sh*t in Your Flat Hat. Got to have a little salt water in your veins to know about that.

tv_racin_fan
12-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I"ll take the sp 101!!!