PDA

View Full Version : Problem mk9

kerby9mm
12-11-2011, 02:53 AM
Got my mk9 in april Thought it was fine until I bought a mk40 The 40 was smoother to rack Comparing the two disassembled I discovered that the 9 strikerblock cam with the trigger pulled to simulate reset comes above the frame rail and binds the slide from coming back Sometimes only sticky but mostly not at all The 40 cam comes up only to be even with the frame rail Called Kahr so they are sending me shipping label The slide on my 9 also has no takedown notch Anyone ever heard of either of these differences on a mk9 before Should the gun not have been shipped Rich from Kahr has been great about this and wonders himself if the gun should have gone out

Bawanna
12-11-2011, 11:15 AM
I've heard of a couple that somehow got away without a take down notch. I'd love to have one myself. Doubt the slide will need to be replaced so I'd take that one back and have a "rare one". I never use the notch and don't think it looks good although it's small and hardly noticeable.

Not 100% sure on the other thing, but I'm sure they'll take care of it.

kerby9mm
12-11-2011, 01:09 PM
The slide sticking is when you dry fire hold the trigger all the way back you can't re-rack the slide unless the trigger is eased a bit forward The cam that depresses the striker plate goes up too far and puts pressure on the slide thus restricting slide movement The cam on my 40 with trigger all the way back only comes up flush with the frame rail The one on my 9 goes up higher than the frame rail I did think the same thing about the takedown notch as you Could be rare but with this problem you might be able to see why I think that the gun might have gone to QC Thank you for your reply That was my first post and I only have a BBerry but I really love the steel Kahrs
but I guess it shows since I have two of them Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to all

jocko
12-11-2011, 01:59 PM
trigger must reset for correct timing of ur kahrs. So one must release up on the trigger enough to let that happen. If not some of the things poste dhere might happen but that is user error, not gun related. If u release up on the trigger and nothing happens, that is of concern, but in a dry firing situation, just release up o the trigger does nothing towards resetting it. U must at leat move the slide a 1/4" backwards to reset the striker block and again get the gun into proper timing mode.. Noit sure I am touching on your issues, if you are having issues j, just trying to explain what must happen before the gun can go "bang".

kerby9mm
12-11-2011, 02:30 PM
I knew about what I thought might be a problem but it was confirmed at the range when I was rapid firing and I had failure to reset Tried three times on same round then ejected the round and there was no primer strike Same thing happened again decided I should call Kahr. I have studied these guns a lot and if your trigger is pulled all the way back whether it be dry fire or fire in the hole the slide better come back without any resistance other than the recoil assembly as it was intended Let me know if yours works properly or sticks

frank_drebin
12-15-2011, 06:49 PM
At this time do you think its an issue with the cam itself or the frame? Can you post some pictures?

kerby9mm
12-15-2011, 10:06 PM
I only have a phone so if I could post pics I don't know how to do it. I think the problem could be the trigger bar length because if I release the trigger slightly forward from the fully back posotion the slide doesn't catch when racking or the cam lobe is too long making it go up above the frame rail. Its been 10 days since Rich said they would mail the shipping label. Sent him an Email today after I checked the mail.

frank_drebin
12-16-2011, 08:43 AM
I only have a phone so if I could post pics I don't know how to do it. I think the problem could be the trigger bar length because if I release the trigger slightly forward from the fully back posotion the slide doesn't catch when racking or the cam lobe is too long making it go up above the frame rail. Its been 10 days since Rich said they would mail the shipping label. Sent him an Email today after I checked the mail.

Same guy said he would send me some new grip screws after I found one of mine to be too short to hold. Never saw them....

kerby9mm
12-16-2011, 03:57 PM
It has been 10 days since Rich said they would mail the shipping label to me I emailed him and he replied this morning saying he would check it out Later this afternoon got another that said the shippong guy wasnt there today Now with what you said I'm worried I remember your post about the short grip screw The one on my mk40 on bottom right is short and we know when you shoot they all loosen up. I make sure that I have a dime with me to tighten them while I'm at the range