PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Follower Size

mser
12-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Are the magazine followers for the PM9 and PM40 interchangeable? They appear to be identical.

MLESa7990
12-13-2011, 08:05 AM
I would guess no. Best bet would be to send an email to Kahr and ask.

Tilos
12-13-2011, 08:36 AM
I've had 40 brass in a 9 mag but not a loaded round.

I would check the part numbers at the Kahr parts site...there's a link at the top of this page.

Tilos

jocko
12-13-2011, 10:51 AM
I will say YES, they are the same..

mser
12-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Although close amateur inspection of both followers reveals no discernable difference, an e-mail response from Kahr states the followers are not interchangable. The Kahr parts site lists one part number for the PM9 6 round magazine follower and another part number for the PM9 7 round magazine follower. The part number for the PM40 magazine follower is different from the PM9 part numbers. The PM40 parts list shows only one follower for the PM40 magazine, unlike two diffrent followers for the PM9 magazines.

The follower that broke was in my PM40 6 round magazine. I compared it to the follower in the 5 round magazine, as well as the followers in all three of my PM9 magazines. I couldn't tell the difference between any of them. Except of course the broken follower had a large piece missing.

Tilos
12-13-2011, 05:03 PM
mser:
Soooooooooooooo, did you try switching the follower:confused:

I would but don't have a 40:(.

If they look the same, but ARE different, the mold cavity would have some identifying number or something to tell the different followers apart.

This mark would be transfered and molded into every follower as an identifying mark.

Did you see any such marks, numbers, etc?

just askin'
Tilos