PDA

View Full Version : Cm9 elite trigger bar

dshideler
12-15-2011, 05:18 AM
I just purchased a Wolff trigger spring for my gun and I've seen several posts talking about the elite trigger bar. Is this the trigger bar that already comes in the gun from the factory? If not is that something that kahr sells? Do I even need it to install my Wolff spring?

Thunder71
12-15-2011, 06:01 AM
I guess my question would be:

What made you buy a Wolff trigger spring in the first place if you don't even know if you need to install it?

dshideler
12-15-2011, 07:44 AM
My question was not about the Wolff trigger spring, it was about the elite trigger bar.

Thunder71
12-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Actually it was... You had more than one question, 3 to be exact:

* Is this the trigger bar that already comes in the gun from the factory?
* If not is that something that kahr sells?
* Do I even need it to install my Wolff spring?

ripley16
12-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Is this the trigger bar that already comes in the gun from the factory?

Yes, all polymer Kahrs utilize the same trigger. There is no special elite trigger bar for your gun.

Do I even need it to install my Wolff spring?

If you are looking to improve or change the trigger in some way, then it may be worthwhile to experiment with the Wolff spring. Let us know how it works out, what if any improvement there is.

dshideler
12-15-2011, 08:09 AM
"It" in the last question was referring to the trigger bar. Someone in another post was talking about installing a Wolff trigger spring and wondered how easy it was. Someone else replied that it was simple if they already had the elite trigger bar. My question was what it the elite trigger bar? Is the trigger bar that comes from the factory considered this or is it an aftermarket part. If it is aftermarket (or sold by kahr for that matter) do I need it in conjunction with the new trigger spring. I think the kahr trigger is very nice, but if I can lighten it by a pound and make it even smoother than it already is I'm going to.

dshideler
12-15-2011, 08:12 AM
All I needed to know. Thank you.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thunder71
12-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Looks like I misread it... I read it as 'do I even need to install the Wolff spring' instread of 'do I even need IT to install the Wolff spring'.

Sorry, just a misunderstanding... in my mind you were questioning why you ordered it. :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

jocko
12-15-2011, 09:27 AM
I just purchased a Wolff trigger spring for my gun and I've seen several posts talking about the elite trigger bar. Is this the trigger bar that already comes in the gun from the factory? If not is that something that kahr sells? Do I even need it to install my Wolff spring?

am assuming u bought the 5#wolffs striker spring. It will drop right in ur cm9 slide with no modifications and it will change ur trigger pull poundage down to 5#. Will not be a hairy trigger at all and the trigger travel still remains the same as 3/8". I love mine and have had it in my pM9 and K9 for almost 5 years, never got a light striker or anything like that. I think it is a JIM DANDY drop in part.

You cm9 has the elite trigger system in it, there is no "just" changing the trgger bar, so ur OK, Just shoot it like u stole it. Nice gun, one of kahrs best IMO.:53:

gb6491
12-15-2011, 09:31 AM
I didn't know Wolf offered trigger springs (http://www.kahr.com/Pistol-Parts/Kahr-010CM9-Trigger-Spring.asp) for Kahr pistols. Does anyone have a link to them?
I know they do offer a reduced power striker spring (http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=1&mID=29#188) (which is considerably easier to install than the trigger spring).
Regards,
Greg

Oops, I see Mr. Jocko has mentioned the striker spring as I was pecking away at my keyboard.

jocko
12-15-2011, 09:34 AM
I think GB that is what he is referring to. They don't offer trigger springs.

Bill K
12-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Sir, if this type of mod is intended for a carry gun, many, I believe, would recommend you consider all the pros and cons before actually doing the mod and carrying the gun. Even Kahr cautions about the Wolff striker spring - Warning: This spring is for competition use only - not for duty use. This is not to suggest that you haven't done so, just want to recommend you do if you haven't already.

dshideler
12-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Thank you for your concern. I have weighed it out and I don't think there is anything wrong with a 5 pound trigger pull considering my cm9 has such a long trigger pull. I don't ever plan on carrying without the trigger covered. Besides, I think we all know that warning is on there for legal reasons only.

Thunder71
12-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Why am I reading all over the web that Kahr measures at 5lb trigger pull from the factory? Kahr states 7-9, but places such as Gunblast and others are recording closer to 5lbs 2oz.

dshideler
12-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Oops. I did mean to say striker spring. Sorry. I purchased it from gun springs.com for 3.49 + shipping.

Tilos
12-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Thunder71:
You are opening a bag of worms I opened here, a long time ago, that carried on for weeks.
It got pretty heated and went on and on about how this or that feels, with few if any posters, that would actually measure trigger pull or trigger travel length of their guns.
Lots of touchy/feely type answers without any actual measurements.
:popcorn:

Tilos

Thunder71
12-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the warning - Seems to be my week. :)

Bag closed, no worms were harmed in the creation of this post.

:o

JFootin
12-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Why am I reading all over the web that Kahr measures at 5lb trigger pull from the factory? Kahr states 7-9, but places such as Gunblast and others are recording closer to 5lbs 2oz.

They get specially "massaged" guns to test.

Tilos
12-15-2011, 10:45 AM
dishidler:

The lawyer speak warning about the spring has nothing to do with accidental discharge as you mentioned.

It has to do with light strikes, in a self defense situation, when you need the gun to go BANG...not go click:eek:.

Tilos

dshideler
12-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Oh. I see. So does anyone have any long term reliability experience with the Wolff spring in their carry gun. I guess it's time for a little more digging before I install it and blindly put my life on it working.

Tilos
12-15-2011, 11:02 AM
dshideler you typed:

<Someone in another post was talking about installing a Wolff trigger spring and wondered how easy it was. Someone else replied that it was simple if they already had the elite trigger bar.>

With all due respect, I would suggest you pm the poster(s) whose statements you need clarified and try to use the correct terms for the parts you mention.

Show your gun some love by following the proper prep sticky, make sure it function 100%, and keep in mind your Kahr is not a target gun.

And most important....don't believe what you read on the internet:blah:.

Tilos

dshideler
12-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Sorry if I didn't follow the correct protocol, just had a question to ask. So far I have followed the steps outlined to properly break in my cm9 and I've fire about 200 rounds through it with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I absolutely love the way I shoots and feels in my hand. Best purchase I ever made.

jocko
12-15-2011, 11:25 AM
nice post TILOS.

I think dshideler is going to do just fine with his new kahr,

Protocol on this forum is something most of us never do, so pay no attention, post where ever u want, no doubt these guys here will find it. U won't find a betterbunch of guys THAT REALLY WANT TO HELP..

dshideler
12-15-2011, 11:42 AM
I really appreciate it. I look forward to learning a lot here.

jocko
12-15-2011, 11:59 AM
shooting that cm9 is the bestlearning experience u willeverget. The gunin another couple hundredrounds will feel IMO totaly different. Alopt smootherin the action , alot easier to now hand rack properly.

mightymouse
12-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Oh. I see. So does anyone have any long term reliability experience with the Wolff spring in their carry gun. I guess it's time for a little more digging before I install it and blindly put my life on it working.

am assuming u bought the 5#wolffs striker spring. It will drop right in ur cm9 slide with no modifications and it will change ur trigger pull poundage down to 5#. Will not be a hairy trigger at all and the trigger travel still remains the same as 3/8". I love mine and have had it in my pM9 and K9 for almost 5 years, never got a light striker or anything like that. I think it is a JIM DANDY drop in part.

Straight from the gospel of jocko, the Grand Poobah of most rounds through his PM9

TriggerMan
12-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh. I see. So does anyone have any long term reliability experience with the Wolff spring in their carry gun. I guess it's time for a little more digging before I install it and blindly put my life on it working.Experts tell me that juries don't like ANY modifications to carry guns. Don't expect the 12 to be selected from your 'peers' on KahrTalk.com. They aren't rational, they are what they are.

Thunder71
12-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Who's gonna know? Looks like a spring... hmmm, yep, it's a spring. Not like you modded it to full auto with a 'SHTF' decal on the go switch.

dshideler
12-16-2011, 06:16 PM
I agree with Thunder. It's not like I'm puttin a hair trigger on the thing.

MW surveyor
12-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Meant to reply earlier. I put the 5 pound spring in mine about 1000 rounds ago. No light strikes with my carry ammo, store bought or my reloads. Like it better than the original and my groups are better also. Now it pulls like my SP101 in DA.

dshideler
12-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Very good to hear. Hope it gets here soon so I can report the same success.

MW surveyor
12-17-2011, 09:20 AM
When you go to take it apart to put in the new striker spring, make sure that you fabricate the "special tool" that's in the sticky. Sure helps out like a third hand.

BTW- I polished everything while I had it apart, even the striker channel. Not that it needed, just mess'in around.

jocko
12-17-2011, 09:29 AM
nice tip Surv.

Tilos
12-17-2011, 12:30 PM
What jocko said is enough endorsement for me....just ordered the springs.
Tilos

jocko
12-17-2011, 12:50 PM
well here is a better endorsementj:

I just got back from the range today. Yesterday I shot 100 rounds of 9mm fodder (wwb) out of my pM9 with naturally no issues. So today I took my Trusty K9 along with the PM9 . My K9 has the NYPD trigger in it. Shot a total of 150 rounds and 20 defense rounds through the PM9 and K9. with zero issues. My K9 for me today was twice as accurate as I was with my PM9. (at 7 yards) That all steel fokker is just one smooth sob, goes bang every time, gets damn close to where I aim.

jjToday was a nice shoot for me, it was warm out and sunny and both gunbs went bang every time. Now to the cleaning table!