PDA

View Full Version : Ankle Holsters?

Thunder71
12-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Anyone carry a Kahr in an ankle holster? Looking for recommendations.

Thanks

O'Dell
12-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Sometimes, if I'm going to be sitting or driving a great deal, or if a pocket or belt carry is inconvenient. The small Kahr's or my LCP work well on the ankle because of the light weight.

Devo
12-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Sometimes, if I'm going to be sitting or driving a great deal, or if a pocket or belt carry is inconvenient. The small Kahr's or my LCP work well on the ankle because of the light weight.

Same here. I found just about any j-frame holster will do.

BrewerGeorge
12-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Better than nothing, but if you've studied any kind of martial arts at all you know that the legs are ridiculously easy to "take away" from somebody in close combat.

ripley16
12-16-2011, 03:20 PM
I used an ankle holster many years ago. IMHO, it is just about the worst way to carry any but the absolute smallest gun available. It is hard to get to, easy for people to spot, and often hard to find clothes, trousers, that cooperate.

If you do go for this mode then be sure the holster holds the gun very close to your skin, is pretty secure, (in case you need to run), and won't slide down too far on your ankle. I've no particular suggestion for a brand. Buy a quality known name brand. Generic, fits any gun holsters are usually not worth the money.

mser
12-16-2011, 08:07 PM
I've carried my PM9 in a Galco Ankle Glove as an on duty backup and off duty for several years. High quality holster that is extremely comfortable and easily concealable. Prior to the PM9 I wore the same holster while carrrying a Walther PPK/S. For me, the optional calf strap was a must. IMO it's one of best, if not the best, ankle holsters available.

Thunder71
12-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Good info, that's the one I was looking at with the strap.

Thanks everyone.

Bawanna
12-16-2011, 08:55 PM
I carry my PM45 on the ankle every day. I used the ankle glove until I put a CT laser on it. I then got one from the Kahr shop that acomodates the laser. Its similar to the ankle glove bit I think its Gould and Gouldrich. My Ankle glove also works perfectly for any 1911 especially the Officers size.

josp
12-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Another vote for the Galco Ankle Glove. Wear one everyday with the PM9 as backup to the P45.
I've run in it, scaled fences, and wrestled. Never a problem, easy to hide

fishmagnet1
01-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Just purchased an ankle holster from Kahr direct for the CM9 with CT laser.
It is made for them by Gould and Goodrich and has a garter to prevent it from slipping down if running.
Top grain leather and sheep skin lined for comfort.

jocko
01-01-2012, 01:17 PM
PHOTOS PLEASE;

PREFERALY ON SOME nice chicks leg though!!