PDA

View Full Version : Holster?

cmdude
12-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Anybody tried the belt-slide holster listed on Kahr's website?

MO_Soldier
12-16-2011, 11:38 AM

Try this, it's the best out there and they're SUPER friendly and stick by their products:
www.garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com

MO_Soldier
12-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Most of us that like the Garrett stuff like the Silent Thunders as far as I can tell, but don't quote me.
A hybrid is also in the making if you want that.

JFootin
12-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Here is what, IMO, you should look at: the PJ Clip-on IWB Holster (http://pjholster.com/?page_id=37). It is made of Kydex, weighs about an ounce—light as a feather. Very good adjustable retention. I have one for my CM9. Wear it at about 8:30. It is the only holster I own that literally vanishes from my consciousness when I am wearing the gun in it! I mean I cannot feel it there AT ALL, can't feel the weight of the gun there, or its mass when I move around. It and the gun seem to become part of my body. I don't have pics of mine, yet, but here are a couple of pics of one made for a Walther PPS.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/PJIWBBeltHookHolster-1.jpg
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/PJIWBBeltHookHolsterBack.jpg

Note how there is not one extra millimeter of length or width. It holds the gun up tight against your body. It is SUPER THIN. It has a small but effective sweat shield that doesn't get in the way when you draw. And this absolutely perfect 24/7 carry holster is only $40 shipped from one of the nicest guys in the holster business!

MO_Soldier
12-16-2011, 12:10 PM
JFootin: Get that crap outta here :p

JFootin
12-16-2011, 12:33 PM
JFootin: Get that crap outta here :p

Just trying to keep him from making a big mistake, getting a holster that is more than twice as expensive, is thicker, stiffer, heavier and less comfortable than the brilliant PJ holster! :D

Hey, whatever floats your boat. But I can get 2 of the PJs for different guns and still have money left over for a steak dinner. Just saying... :hippie:

MO_Soldier
12-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Just trying to keep him from making a big mistake, getting a holster that is more than twice as expensive, is thicker, stiffer, heavier and less comfortable than the brilliant PJ holster! :D

Hey, whatever floats your boat. But I can get 2 of the PJs for different guns and still have money left over for a steak dinner. Just saying... :hippie:

I hear ya and hope you know I was just pokin fun. It seems you did.

However, I'm struggling with preserving my kahr's finish in my bare-kydex crossbreed right now. I'm desperate for a leather-lined equivalent!

JFootin
12-16-2011, 12:57 PM
I hear ya and hope you know I was just pokin fun. It seems you did.

However, I'm struggling with preserving my kahr's finish in my bare-kydex crossbreed right now. I'm desperate for a leather-lined equivalent!

I understand. Have you looked at all leather? I got a holster from jlaudio29 that should have cost twice the $75 shipped that I paid for it. And it is not just a holster, it is a work of art! Comfortable, good concealment and should be kept in a lighted glass display case because it is so beautiful!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/MyJDHolsterFront.jpg

I haven't seen any bad effects from my kydex holster, but I haven't had it or the gun very long and don't have my CW permit in this state, yet. But, like I said, a little Flitz will fix any blemishes. I dunno if its harder to fix them on a brushed finish without actually making things worse.I guess you'd have to use the right grade of sandpaper to restore the brushed appearance, and it wouldn't be easy to get it looking just like the rest of the gun.

Now, I hear that the Diamond Coat finish is very hard and durable. But again, what can you do to fix a baddy?

dfdann
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Answer to your original question. Yes, I have the belt slide holster listed on the Kahr site. It is a great holster for the CM9 and can be used both with a belt and as a inside WB or outside WB holster with the clip furnished. I am hoping it will work with the Crimson Trace LG 437 when it arrives. It is excellently made and very reasonable in cost.
Dan

TheTman
12-16-2011, 05:46 PM
I have a DeSantis Sof-Tuck for my CW40, it is inexpensive, and adjusts many ways. For my CW45 with the Crimson Trace I ended up with a Remora clipless holster that works surprisingly well for something with no clips. It's sticky surface really holds the gun in place, and you can tuck it and it will stay pretty good. Just be sure and tighten your belt, that's the main thing that holds it in place.

dimden
12-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Jfootin, so you wear it at 8:30; is that military time or are you left handed?
Ha! Just kidding.

Markis82
12-16-2011, 07:50 PM

Hey, whatever floats your boat. But I can get 2 of the PJs for different guns and still have money left over for a steak dinner. Just saying... :hippie:I second the motion. My IWB PJHolster (http://pjholster.com/) is the best holster I have ever had.

Thunder71
12-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Holster?

Yes, get one.

Revolver Nuts
12-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Answer to your original question. Yes, I have the belt slide holster listed on the Kahr site. It is a great holster for the CM9 and can be used both with a belt and as a inside WB or outside WB holster with the clip furnished. I am hoping it will work with the Crimson Trace LG 437 when it arrives. It is excellently made and very reasonable in cost.
Dan

Which holster from the Kahr site are you refering to?

I do not see one that can be used with or without the belt clip.

Thanks

12-17-2011, 07:19 AM

CMddude,

Which holster are you talking about? I have a kydex beltslide form Kahr that is fantastic. Leaves no marks and is extremely comfortable.

dfdann
12-17-2011, 07:57 AM
I have the PSP Belt Slide Holster. For some reason it is only listed under the P380 on the Kahr website. Fits the CM9 also and has clip to use IWB or OWB and works well.
Dan

Shark1007
12-17-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm very interested in hearing of a nice owb holster for my fiance. She and I attended a close quarters point shooting class today and she has effectively procured my cm9, now her cm9. I'd like to get her a nice leather owb holster without breaking the bank, hopefully one of these companies that gives a veterans discount.

Shark1007
12-17-2011, 05:23 PM
0830 and 8:30 are the same and there's no such thing as an "ex" Marine, even when they're dead.

JFootin
12-17-2011, 05:44 PM
WTH? We were talking about holsters, weren't we?

Shark1007
12-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Yes sir, we were and are, but old G.I.'s can't help but tease each other.

Digging thru my giant old holster drawer, I found a waist band slide type holster that has the name "Cobra" something on the back and it works perfectly. I'll research the name brand.

Upon research, it looks like a Cobra Carry very simple belt slide holster, probably a 25.00 item from my LGS. I don't see it on Cobra Carry website, but it has their logo. It was one of those generic "small automatic' holsters that works well.