Does anyone know a spec for maximum allowable fore and aft play for the barrel lug in the slide ejection port? My PM40 seems to have about .006-.007 I am measuring this with a cheap dial caliper that has graduations to the nearest .01 and am getting a bit more than half a graduation. I am sure it is more than .005 and definitely sure it is less than .009

I do have a tiny amount of peening on the barrel lug where the lockup occurs:

Probably a non issue but was wondering if anyone else with the proper tools would mind measuring theirs. I had the barrel and slide only (no recoil spring assembly) together, took a measurment from the barrel crown to the breech face with the barrel pushed as far forward in the slide as possible, then watched the dial as I pushed the barrel hard against the breech face to see how much movement. I did this multiple times and get pretty close to .007 difference, maybe a scosch less.

I probably would not care as the gun shoots good, In fact I cannot get the slide to hang up anywhere during the chambering of a round while riding the slide slowly forward, even when the extractor is clipping under the cartridge rim. Only have a few hundred rounds during my ownership of the pistol, but was purchased used and the serial number indicates the gun is around three years old. I just keep hearing how tight new Kahr pistol are and either I got the one with all the tolerances stacked in the loose direction or it actually has been shot a bit by the previous owner.