Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen

Thread: New CM9-Pics and Range Report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

it's been exactly 3 weeks since i purchased my cm9 so thought i'd give a quick update. at this point in time i have 1200 rounds through it, absolutely not a single problem, failure, malfunction, stoppage, or difficulty slingshotting the slide in defensive drills and mag changes. the round count includes 900 rounds of 147gr winchester super x, 100 rounds of 147gr speer lawman (my new favorite FMJ load btw), and 200 rounds of 147gr federal HST.

i still have yet to fire or carry any of my other guns since purchasing the cm9. it's just too easy to slip into my pocket and be off with my day, and too much fun to shoot. plus we are still getting to know each other.

every time i shoot and get more comfortable with the trigger and ergonomics, the more i am impressed with this little gun's ability and accuracy. the bulk of my shooting is practicing defensive drills and presentation shooting, but it's nice to know that such a small gun is capable of so much more.

i bought a spare magazine from kahr, received my free mag from the give away promo, and ordered 2 more from ivanhoe warehouse, giving me a total of five 6-round magazines. so far i have added the trijicon NS to the front, a slight improvement over stock but i'd still like to see more sighting options from which to choose for my personal preferences. i also added the rubber textured talon grips and so far have been very impressed with them.

i also needed some carry options, so picked up a kydex IWB and pocket holster from paul at PJ Holster. i also recently purchased a snap pancake OWB holster from TT Gunleather that will be similar to the one pictured below for my XD subcompact. i'll make sure to post some pics when it gets here after the production wait time.

overall i am still very impressed and extremely happy with the purchase. i may pick up another one in a few months "just in case".
    Last edited by JBarbaresi; 09-30-2011 at 07:48 PM.