Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Xssights

Thread: wear on cw9

Default wear on cw9

I just picked up my cw9 and it is now apart so i can clean and lube it. I noticed that there is already wear on the plastic "rails" is this normal?

There was small black pieces from the polymer in the slide when i took it apart

The polymer parts are just guides, not rails. The rails are SS and imbedded in the frame. It's probably a normal wearing in process so I wouldn't worry unless it gets much worse.

what O'dell stated is 100% on target. allthe polymerrails do is assist in putting thge slide on correctly. Once on, the side never touches the raisl and whaqt u might be seeing is the after marth of final macing porcess to the frame. If there was by any chance any highg spots on the poluymer rails slide action from firing the gfun will smooth those areas out. IMO ur gun is perfectly normal, so just lube it up and shoot it like u stole it. nice gun, really a fine shootrer, I defy u to fnd a better trigger system to.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

thanks a lot guys i was a little worried i'll let you know how it does at the range tomorrow

They said the same thing on defensive carry.com. I didn't read those posts until after I got my cw9, but I wasn't worried

My CW9 did that at first, also I started to see more daylight between the slide and frame after a few range sessions that wasn't there when it was brand new. Nothing to worry about it that's normal when they start to break in.
    After a few hundred rounds mine turned to butter.

Ditto on the plastic shavings. "Appropriated" one of my wifes cardboard type fingernail files, and took it lightly over the polymer guide rails, just enough to remove the loose shavings. Voila! No more issues with polymer shavings.