Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do I need to know as a new Kahr shooter?

UPDATE: I finally took it to the range last night. I only had time to put through 65 Rnds. of 124gr. Federal law enforcement ammo. It performed without a glitch.
    Before that I followed all the suggestions in this thread. De-greasing and cleaning with non-chlorinated Breaklean. Then I oiled it and racked the slide a few hundred times.
    The wood grips I bought separately are going to need a little fitting, but look great. I also love the tri-con sights. I have a spot near the bed where it sits at night. When I look that direction I can tell the position of the gun in the dark.
    It is a bit heavier than my previous CC weapon, but that weight makes for a smooth action and the kick is less than my .380. I could even fire nice double tap groups.
    Thanks again for your advice guys! (or girls?? na, your all guys lol)

If you don't have a holster for it, take a look at the Garrett site. For your 2lb gun you may want something like the Silent Thunder Fusion. It will spread the weight across 2 belt clips that are close enough together to keep putting it on and off simple.

My Silent Thunder IWB is perfect for my 1.5lb PM9, but I'd buy this for anything heavier.

•"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I like that holster. Here is what I ended up getting.

Here's one thing you need to know about your K series...it's loyal as hell to its owner, so you'll never want to get rid of it.
    Last edited by 7shot; 07-22-2012 at 12:23 PM.

You bought the wood grips separate so the gun came with the rubber grips correct? Do you like the feel of the wood compared to the rubber? I was thinking about getting the wood grips for my k9.