Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: New guy...

Default New guy...

Hi, I'm Larry, and I'm a new Kahr fanatic!

I found a new P45 on sale for $120 off and bought it with tax refund money. This will be my carry gun once I finish certifying it, and it replaces a Walther PP in that role. The amazing thing -- the P45 is just about the same size as the Walther, but barks and bites with much more authority! It joins my PP, a Taurus PT-99AFS, and a Tavor to round out my current collection.

I've seen lots of people discussing feed or ejection issues in their P- and CM-series. I'm happy to report my first 100 rounds (American Eagle 230 gr FMJ) fed without a hitch. All I did prior to shooting was run a boresnake thru the barrel and lube up the slide contact points. The only anomaly -- when I slammed the first loaded magazine home, the slide released and chambered a round without my having to thumb the slide release. It surprised me, yes, and I did a quick function check after unloading. Everything worked fine after that (I figure I hadn't fully seated the slide lock before loading the magazine).

And accuracy? My first 5 rounds, slow fired at 15 feet, were all in the 10 circle of a half-size silhouette. I'd call that accurate.

So I'm happy with my purchase, and looking forward to the next 100 rounds! And some good information off this forum!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the first range report. Sounds good. A fine use for a tax refund.

Don't let the gov't know what you used that refund for.........................................share the wealth you know

Quote Originally Posted by warbird1 View Post
    A fine use for a tax refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Don't let the gov't know what you used that refund for...
    LOL -- thanks. I call it .45 caliber welfare -- I figure I kept a few good Americans in Worcester, Massachusetts, employed for a few more days...

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Welcome larry!
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Welcome to the forum!