Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new

Thread: Hello KahrTalk World, new owner here

Default Hello KahrTalk World, new owner here

Hello! I am the proud new owner of a PM9094N. I've put 600 through it so far. First 500 were winchester 9mm luger, and the last 100 were federal.

This is my first semi-auto pistol. The first trip to the range (100 rnds) was flawless. Next trip I had 2 malfunctions (300 rnds, malfunctions around 150 and 200 for the day). Both times the un-spent round didn't come fully out of the magazine, and jammed horizontally while still partially in the magazine. Upon research and conversation, I learned that I was "limp wristing" the gun every 10th round or so because I was still unfamiliar with the gun. Also, the manual says to give a 200 round "break in" period, and the malfunctions occurred while the gun was still really tight, and not yet fully broken in.

Next trip, I had a better understanding of how to fire the gun and more confidence, and had no malfuntions (100 rnds). Just got back from another trip to the range, and had 100 with no malfunctions. I'm chalking the malfunctions up to my learning curve, and there's a good chance that I didn't fully understand how to clean and fire the gun. I do now!

Any suggestions for a new PM9 owner? Cleaning tips? I've been using hornady hollowtips for defensive carry.

Also, I have a Comp-tac MTAC IWB, and just ordered a Crossbreed MiniTuck. Plan on doing a comparison soon.

Welcome, tyrobins. Look in the tech section for much good info. There are many good & knowledgeable people here & only a few horse's putoots!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm thinking about replacing the springs in my magazines to assure the rounds get up and in the chamber. Here's the link to wolff gunsprings. They make magazine springs that are +5% extra power.

Springs for KAHR ARMS Semi-Auto Pistols

Congrats on your new PM9. Why do you feel the need to change the mag springs. I've had thousands of rounds through mine with no problems, if it were me I'd leave them alone for now and get acquainted with your first semi auto.

Hello Tyrobins and welcome to the forum.The lube chart in the Kahr Tech sub-forum is a great guide to go by when cleaning your new handgun.Great choice by the way.The PM9 is probably the most loved and discussed Kahr on this forum.I have one [along with the Crossbreed minituck] and I wouldn`t part with it for a pretty.Glad you found us and don`t be shy about asking questions or sharing your knowledge and experiences.That`s how we all learn.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

Default My

Quote Originally Posted by tyrobins View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm thinking about replacing the springs in my magazines to assure the rounds get up and in the chamber. Here's the link to wolff gunsprings. They make magazine springs that are +5% extra power.

Springs for KAHR ARMS Semi-Auto Pistols
    2 cents. continue with your original kahr springs, they won't wear out for a long time but if you replace the springs indeed get the wolffs +5 springs, they are grat but like one member stated, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. . Wolffs makes kahrs springs, so you have good stuff in there now.

welcome tthe forum, the PM9 is jus the best of the best. I have stated this many times : A gun and the shooter must mate up to be reliable. It is as you know not always the guns fault. Once this is done, both the shooter and the gun wil be relialbe with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah/Az View Post
    Welcome, tyrobins. Look in the tech section for much good info. There are many good & knowledgeable people here & only a few horse's putoots!

You callin' any one in particular out?

Ty- welcome to the asylum, go over to the tech section, there is a bunch of good stuff there. I'd post links but I sit here at work and have to make it look like I actually do something around here. Oh well, I pretend to work they pretend to pay me...
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Congrats. Welcome to the world of these cool little pistols.
    Kahr CM9

jlottmc, not at all! All are friends to me.